• Re: (?Sir) Edmund Moody

From Karen Moody@21:1/5 to dian...@gmail.com on Mon Feb 14 18:57:37 2022
    On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 7:12:18 PM UTC-8, dian...@gmail.com wrote:
    Edmund Moody is my many greats grandfather. Moody was my mother's maiden name. I have done much genealogy research in ancestry.com on this. Edmund was King Henry VIII 's footman and the lowest ranking servant of the hunt. As a result of his heroic act,
    he was given the "Reward of Valor" with a pension and the title of "gentleman" along with the crest. Really fascinating event considering how this could have ended differently and changed history. Henry's daughter, Mary, would have inherited his throne
    at the age of about eight. (She was known later in life as "Bloody Mary") One could surmise that England might have remained Catholic and the destruction of the abbeys might not have occurred.

Again, it's amazing how one simple act of valor can result in such a powerful change in history!

Diane

Hello Diane, I am Karen Johnson Moody (Moody is my married name since 2009) but this is my lineage through my Mother who will be 99 soon but who knows.I am on MyHeritage where I love genealogy through my DNA tests I have taken, as I want to know who and
    what makes me, ME. Cheers everyone,
    **Edmund Moody/Moodye /Mody Gent's relation to you: Direct ancestor (15 generations)**
    Karen A Moody (born Johnson ) Me - You
    Fern Arda Johnson (born Fraidenburg) your mother
    R.D. Fraidenburg her father
    Jason Berthier Fraidenburg his father
    Emily Elizabeth Fraidenburg (born Bacon) his mother
    Jael Ann Bacon (born Nash) her mother
    Clarissa Nash (born Burr) her mother
    John Capt Burr her father
    John Burr his father
    Mary Burr (born Root) his mother
    Dr. Caleb Root, Sr. her father
    Mary Root (born Kilbourne) his mother
    Frances Kilborn (Kilbourne) (born Moody) her mother
    George Moody, Sr her father
    Richard Moodye his father
    Edmund Moody / Moodye /Mody / Gent. his father

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Vicki Simpson@21:1/5 to Karen Moody on Sat Aug 20 16:41:28 2022
    Hi he is my17 th great grandfather and loving the family history
    On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:57:39 PM UTC+11, Karen Moody wrote:
    Edmund Moody is my many greats grandfather. Moody was my mother's maiden name. I have done much genealogy research in ancestry.com on this. Edmund was King Henry VIII 's footman and the lowest ranking servant of the hunt. As a result of his heroic
    act, he was given the "Reward of Valor" with a pension and the title of "gentleman" along with the crest. Really fascinating event considering how this could have ended differently and changed history. Henry's daughter, Mary, would have inherited his
    throne at the age of about eight. (She was known later in life as "Bloody Mary") One could surmise that England might have remained Catholic and the destruction of the abbeys might not have occurred.

Again, it's amazing how one simple act of valor can result in such a powerful change in history!

Diane
    Hello Diane, I am Karen Johnson Moody (Moody is my married name since 2009) but this is my lineage through my Mother who will be 99 soon but who knows.I am on MyHeritage where I love genealogy through my DNA tests I have taken, as I want to know who
    and what makes me, ME. Cheers everyone,
    **Edmund Moody/Moodye /Mody Gent's relation to you: Direct ancestor (15 generations)**
    John Burr his father

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jinny Wallerstedt/Girl 57@21:1/5 to Vicki Simpson on Tue Aug 23 06:46:06 2022
    On Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 7:41:29 PM UTC-4, Vicki Simpson wrote:
    Hi he is my17 th great grandfather and loving the family history
    On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:57:39 PM UTC+11, Karen Moody wrote:
    Edmund Moody is my many greats grandfather. Moody was my mother's maiden name. I have done much genealogy research in ancestry.com on this. Edmund was King Henry VIII 's footman and the lowest ranking servant of the hunt. As a result of his heroic
    act, he was given the "Reward of Valor" with a pension and the title of "gentleman" along with the crest. Really fascinating event considering how this could have ended differently and changed history. Henry's daughter, Mary, would have inherited his
    throne at the age of about eight. (She was known later in life as "Bloody Mary") One could surmise that England might have remained Catholic and the destruction of the abbeys might not have occurred.

Diane
    Hello Diane, I am Karen Johnson Moody (Moody is my married name since 2009) but this is my lineage through my Mother who will be 99 soon but who knows.I am on MyHeritage where I love genealogy through my DNA tests I have taken, as I want to know who
    and what makes me, ME. Cheers everyone,
    John Burr his father
    Love this thread! Anyone remember learning about Dwight L. Moody, American evangelist and publisher? I wonder if he could have descended from some branch of this family.

And yes, what might things have looked like had Edmund not extricated (maybe hauled is a better word?) King Henry from the mud? I wouldn't pole vault at my skinniest!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alyce Niquette@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 12 16:34:18 2023
    Love this thread! Anyone remember learning about Dwight L. Moody, American evangelist and publisher? I wonder if he could have descended from some branch of this family.

And yes, what might things have looked like had Edmund not extricated (maybe hauled is a better word?) King Henry from the mud? I wouldn't pole vault at my skinniest!

Hello! Edmund’s 16th great-granddaughter here. I often feel like apologizing to people because he saved Henry (one of my least-favorite historical figures at that).

Regarding Dwight Lyman, it um…seems to depend upon who’s investigating? Our “official”genealogy says no, but yet he was my great-grandfather’s uncle. If anyone can explain how that works it would be much appreciated!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05