• Lord > Popham > Charlemagne

From David Heiden@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 12 18:23:05 2021
    I'm working several potential family connections for Charlemagne. Has anyone worked the Popham family. My line is like this to the Popham

Anna Lord, 1613-1667, England > Harford, CT
    Spouse: Thomas Stanton, 1616-1677, England > Stonington, CT
    Line: Dorothy Bird > Amy Hill > Mary Ann Popham > John Popham
    Thanks for any input

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Paulo Ricardo Canedo@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 13 02:42:35 2021
    A segunda-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2021 à(s) 02:23:06 UTC, dahe...@gmail.com escreveu:
    I'm working several potential family connections for Charlemagne. Has anyone worked the Popham family. My line is like this to the Popham

Thanks for any input

I suggest you post a thread with all of your supposed descents from Charlemagne.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From taf@21:1/5 to dahe...@gmail.com on Mon Dec 13 05:06:28 2021
    On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 6:23:06 PM UTC-8, dahe...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for any input

This doesn't really address your question, but I have done superficial investigation of the immigrants here, based on a supposed daughter. The woman in question was named Thankslord Sheppard as a married woman, and some genius decided this represented
    Thanks Lord, with Lord her maiden name (a completely anachronistic usage), and attached her to the first Lord family they came across, retrospectively making her daughter of Thomas Lord and Dorothy Bird. To add to the absurdity, when her marriage record
    was discovered and revealed her to have been Thankslord Perkins, someone in the finest tradition of scholarly genealogy simply changed Thomas Lord into Thomas Perkins to match his non-daughter's true surname. Thus it is not uncommon to see online
    nonsense with Dorothy Bird married to Thomas Perkins instead of (or in addition to) Thomas Lord, all due to this comedy of ineptitude.

taf

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Heiden@21:1/5 to taf on Mon Dec 13 06:34:14 2021
    On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 8:06:30 AM UTC-5, taf wrote:
    On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 6:23:06 PM UTC-8, dahe...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for any input
    This doesn't really address your question, but I have done superficial investigation of the immigrants here, based on a supposed daughter. The woman in question was named Thankslord Sheppard as a married woman, and some genius decided this represented
    Thanks Lord, with Lord her maiden name (a completely anachronistic usage), and attached her to the first Lord family they came across, retrospectively making her daughter of Thomas Lord and Dorothy Bird. To add to the absurdity, when her marriage record
    was discovered and revealed her to have been Thankslord Perkins, someone in the finest tradition of scholarly genealogy simply changed Thomas Lord into Thomas Perkins to match his non-daughter's true surname. Thus it is not uncommon to see online
    nonsense with Dorothy Bird married to Thomas Perkins instead of (or in addition to) Thomas Lord, all due to this comedy of ineptitude.

taf
    Thanks, that makes sense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Heiden@21:1/5 to Paulo Ricardo Canedo on Mon Dec 13 08:07:52 2021
    On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 5:42:37 AM UTC-5, Paulo Ricardo Canedo wrote:
    A segunda-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2021 à(s) 02:23:06 UTC, dahe...@gmail.com escreveu:

Thanks for any input
    I suggest you post a thread with all of your supposed descents from Charlemagne.
    I'm Happy to do that, but the potent list is long.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Will Johnson@21:1/5 to dahe...@gmail.com on Mon Dec 13 10:21:05 2021
    On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 8:07:54 AM UTC-8, dahe...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 5:42:37 AM UTC-5, Paulo Ricardo Canedo wrote:

Thanks for any input
    I'm Happy to do that, but the potent list is long.

Just post one line, from now, to say 1500, we should be able to prove/disprove it that way

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05