• DUNN, MORRIN, KING, CURRAN, BRENNAN, O'TOOLE Surnames

From Richard Pattison@21:1/5 to Pat Trecker on Tue Apr 10 07:44:58 2018
    On Monday, August 18, 1997 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Pat Trecker wrote:
    Hi,

I'm new to the list and want to let you know what surnames I'm researching:

DUNN, James H. b. 1803 in Ireland.....would like
    to hear from
    other Dunns and where their Irish ancestors lived. I'm told these Dunns
    were shopkeepers from Co. Wexford. He came to US and married Elizabeth DE LUCY (LUCY) IN 1827 in Portsmouth, NH. Their son, John H. Dunn, was born
    in Provincetown, RI in 1828. They then moved to Toronto, Ohio and finally settled in Muscatine, Iowa.

MORRIN, Peter b. abt. 1812 in Kings Co.,(Offaly) Ire and married
    BRENNAN, Margaret b. abt. 1819 in Co. Kildare, Ire. They had children Michael, Mary, Thomas, Peter Morrin and emigrated to US aboaut 1850 into Ohio amd then settled in Muscatine, Iowa, later moving to Williamsburg, Iowa.

KING, Martin, b. Galway Nov. 15, 1836 to John King
    and Bridget O'TOOLE King. Bridget died with his birth and John King and son Edward moved to US to St. Louis, MO. Martin was brought up by a brother to John King, name unknown, who lived in Dublin. Later he went to US to join father and met and married Catherine CURRAN in St. Louis. They settled in Iowa. I'm looking for the names of siblings of John King. Would like to hear from other KINGs from Co. Galway.

Also seeking any info on Catherine CURRAN Co. Sligo, father Patrick and mother _________Hannon, or Hanorah_______ (can't be sure from their
    marriage record).
    Looking for other Currans who lived in St. Louis. She was said to have
    been a twin and left her mother and twin in Ireland and went to live with Aunt Mary Curran in St. Louis.

Would also like to hear from any O TOOLEs from the Co. Galway area.

Thanks researcher friends.

Hello --

I'm searching for my great-great grandmother, Margaret Dunn, wife of Cornelius/Connel Meloy. According to the 1900 U.S. census population schedule, Margaret was born in August 1828 in Ireland, immigrated to the U.S. in 1846, had 10 children with 7 still
    living in 1900, and was living on a farm in Walshtown, Yankton County, SD, with two of her children. Margaret died in 1909 and is buried in Walshtown Catholic Cemetery, Mission Hill, Yankton County, South Dakota.

Cornelius and Margaret were married on 1 November 1848 in Jo Daviess County, Illinois. They lived in Benton, Wisconsin. Cornelius died sometime between 1870 and 1880. By 1880, Margaret was living as a widow with her children in Yankton County, South
    Dakota, along with several other Meloy families.

ANYTHING solid about this DUNN ancestor I could find would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks much!!

Richard Pattison
    Tinahely
    County Wicklow, Ireland

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)