• McELhannan/McLoughlin Family

From rosannholt1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 3 13:56:37 2018
    Hi everyone

I have just joined this site, I came across it while searching for family information. like so many I am looking for answers but I may need a few more than most

My Dad and Grandparents are Irish but I know very little about them. A few facts about my Dad and his side but almost nothing about my grandmother.
    I live in NZ so long distance research takes time and is not so easy.
    I am hoping someone may know a wee bit so I can start to build some knowledge of her.

Her maiden name is Mary McLoughlin
    Possibly born 1903 in Westmeath....her father is possibly Patrick
    Mary died about 1936/7 in Ardee, County Louth aged 33 leaving 5 children.
    She married Robert McElhannan. He was in the Irish Constabulary/Police.

I am about to request a death certificate to furthur my search ...but hope someone may know of her family, if she had bothers or sisters, names of her parents.
    I would very much love to contact a descendant.
    When she died her children had no contact with their mothers family or with each other. As they were all very young when they died no one had any memories of her.

Thankyou so much
    Rosann Holt (McElhannan)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Lori@21:1/5 to rosannholt1@gmail.com on Mon Feb 5 14:51:32 2018
    On 03/02/2018 21:56, rosannholt1@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi everyone

I have just joined this site, I came across it while searching for family information. like so many I am looking for answers but I may need a few more than most

My Dad and Grandparents are Irish but I know very little about them. A few facts about my Dad and his side but almost nothing about my grandmother.
    I live in NZ so long distance research takes time and is not so easy.
    I am hoping someone may know a wee bit so I can start to build some knowledge of her.

Her maiden name is Mary McLoughlin
    Possibly born 1903 in Westmeath....her father is possibly Patrick
    Mary died about 1936/7 in Ardee, County Louth aged 33 leaving 5 children.
    She married Robert McElhannan. He was in the Irish Constabulary/Police.

I am about to request a death certificate to furthur my search ...but hope someone may know of her family, if she had bothers or sisters, names of her parents.
    I would very much love to contact a descendant.
    When she died her children had no contact with their mothers family or with each other. As they were all very young when they died no one had any memories of her.

Thankyou so much
    Rosann Holt (McElhannan)

I have no personal knowledge of the family but the records of their
    marriage and of Mary's death can be found here: https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp
    The date of their marriage is 10 October 1928, registration district
    Westport. Mary McLaughlin's father is said to be Patrick McLaughlin.
    You should also be able to find Mary in the 1911 census. http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/
    Robert McElhannan might not be so easy - I guess the surname was often
    spelled incorrectly!
    Hope this helps
    Lori

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)