• =?UTF-8?B?RmluZGluZyBSZWxhdGl2ZXMgaW4gSXJlbGFuZA==?=

From =?UTF-8?B?RXJuaWUgV2lsbHNvbg==?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 1 01:11:18 2022
    I am trying to find any relative of mine living in Ireland. I live in the US and my father s mother was Ellen K. O Leary. She was born in Bantry Ireland on Nov 21, 1881. She immigrated to the US from the port of Queensland. She and her sister Maud
    departed for the US on Sept 9, 1906 and entered the US in Boston where she lived for the rest of her entire life. Her married name was Ellen Willson (Mrs Everard Willson). They had 5 children, Ernest, Ella, Burton, Everard, and Edyth. Any help in finding
    any of my living relatives will be greatly appreciated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From RoddyMcCorley@21:1/5 to Ernie Willson on Wed Feb 16 14:44:46 2022
    On 1/31/2022 8:11 PM, Ernie Willson wrote:
    I am trying to find any relative of mine living in Ireland. I live in the US and my fathers mother was Ellen K. OLeary. She was born in Bantry Ireland on Nov 21, 1881. She immigrated to the US from the port of Queensland. She and her sister Maud
    departed for the US on Sept 9, 1906 and entered the US in Boston where she lived for the rest of her entire life. Her married name was Ellen Willson (Mrs Everard Willson). They had 5 children, Ernest, Ella, Burton, Everard, and Edyth. Any help in finding

Have you tried: https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/ ?

And this for Civil Registration Districts: https://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Ireland-civil-registration.html

And this for Catholic Parishes for church records: https://www.familysearch.org/en/wiki/County_Cork_Civil_Parishes
    Good luck,

Dennis

--
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
    practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Leo Isenteze@21:1/5 to Ernie Willson on Thu Mar 3 01:59:48 2022
    On 1/31/2022 8:11 PM, Ernie Willson wrote:
    I am trying to find any relative of mine living in Ireland. I live in the US and my fathers mother was Ellen K. OLeary. She was born in Bantry Ireland on Nov 21, 1881. She immigrated to the US from the port of Queensland. She and her sister Maud

Do a DNA test at MyHeritage as they have more European customers than
    Ancestry or 23andMe.

You might get lucky with a 2nd or 3rd cousin match in Ireland or the UK.

My closest match (3rd cousin) on Irish DNA lives in England not in Ireland.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05