• doctor lawson bust in the long room Trinity College Dublin

From davelawson47@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 13 09:04:19 2017
    A friend recently sent me a photo of a bust in the long room with the name "Doctor Lawson" on the base. I googled Doctor Lawson, searched high and low for some information and came up with a query by an American woman on a Trinity College webpage asking
    for information on Dr. Lawson. No replies!

Does anyone know about Doctor Lawson or have any suggestions. I could email Trinity College I suppose, but you would think the website would include some information on the bust.

Dave Lawson
    Vancouver, Canada

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From catalpa@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 13 22:02:21 2017
    <davelawson47@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d918b060-6768-47ac-a0b3-2ee01a9e6258@googlegroups.com...
    A friend recently sent me a photo of a bust in the long room with the name >"Doctor Lawson" on the base. I googled Doctor Lawson, searched high and low >for some information and came up with a query >by an American woman on a >Trinity College webpage asking for information on Dr. Lawson. No replies!

Does anyone know about Doctor Lawson or have any suggestions. I could email >Trinity College I suppose, but you would think the website would include
    some information on the bust.

Dave Lawson
    Vancouver, Canada

Your search skills need some work.

It seems that Doctor Lawson was so well known that no one had any reason to
    say anything much about him.

One reference says "my good friend, Doctor Lawson, senior fellow and first librarian of Trinity College near Dublin".

It would appear that Doctor Lawson is John Lawson (1712-1759) of County
    Tyrone.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Lawson,_John_(1712-1759)_(DNB00)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From catalpa@21:1/5 to catalpa on Fri Oct 13 22:21:31 2017
    "catalpa" <catalpa@entertab.org> wrote in message news:orrr7a$1bnm$1@gioia.aioe.org...

<davelawson47@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d918b060-6768-47ac-a0b3-2ee01a9e6258@googlegroups.com...
    A friend recently sent me a photo of a bust in the long room with the name >>"Doctor Lawson" on the base. I googled Doctor Lawson, searched high and
    low for some information and came up with a query >by an American woman on >>a Trinity College webpage asking for information on Dr. Lawson. No
    replies!

Does anyone know about Doctor Lawson or have any suggestions. I could
    email Trinity College I suppose, but you would think the website would >>include some information on the bust.

Dave Lawson
    Vancouver, Canada

Your search skills need some work.

It seems that Doctor Lawson was so well known that no one had any reason
    to say anything much about him.

One reference says "my good friend, Doctor Lawson, senior fellow and first librarian of Trinity College near Dublin".

It would appear that Doctor Lawson is John Lawson (1712-1759) of County Tyrone.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Lawson,_John_(1712-1759)_(DNB00)

Very interesting, the facts seem to vary.

Another source says John Lawson was born in 1708 or 1709 in Magherafelt,
    County Londonderry.

His father being the Rev. Alexander Lawson, curate of Omagh, Co. Tyrone.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05