• Need some help in my search

From =?UTF-8?Q?Ang=C3=A9lique_Leconte?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 20 08:00:00 2021
    Hello,
    I'm new to the group and to make matters better, I'm French :-).
    So in advance I apologize for my English which is far from perfect.
    I have Irish ancestors but I get stuck in my research, the language not helping. My ancestor came from Dublin and its suburbs. This is Patrick ELLIOTT born March 07, 1807 in Clonshaugh. This information comes to me from the marriage certificate of his
    daughter who was born and married in France. I have doubts about the spelling of the name.
    I am looking for people who have information about my ancestor or who could help me in my research.
    Thanking you in advance for your help.
    genealogically your
    Angel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Martin Duane@21:1/5 to angeliqu...@gmail.com on Thu May 6 21:28:39 2021
    On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 1:00:01 AM UTC+10, angeliqu...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello,
    I'm new to the group and to make matters better, I'm French :-).
    So in advance I apologize for my English which is far from perfect.
    I have Irish ancestors but I get stuck in my research, the language not helping. My ancestor came from Dublin and its suburbs. This is Patrick ELLIOTT born March 07, 1807 in Clonshaugh. This information comes to me from the marriage certificate of his
    daughter who was born and married in France. I have doubts about the spelling of the name.
    I am looking for people who have information about my ancestor or who could help me in my research.
    Thanking you in advance for your help.
    genealogically your
    Angel

Hi Angel,
    I tried entering Patrick Elliiott on the Irish Genealogy link at https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp but go no result. You might like to try other combinations of the names and there are a few Dublin names .... North,
    South etc. Bon courage.
    Martin

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)