• Kilquane County Kerry

From ellenfromdownunder@gmail.com@21:1/5 to EDWARD CALLAHAN on Thu Dec 7 21:27:18 2017
    On Sunday, August 2, 1998 at 5:00:00 PM UTC+10, EDWARD CALLAHAN wrote:
    Anybody out there with roots in the Townland of Kilquane, County Kerry?
    This village is about 7 miles from Killarney. I am particularly
    interested in hearing from anyone with the surnames Murphy, Sullivan,
    Dalton, & Daly.

Please respond. Thank you

Ed Callahan <ecallaha@star.net

Hi Ed,
    My ancestor James Dalton listed his native place as Clonmeen, near Kanturk, Co. Cork, on his convict record in 1841. He was born ~1815. Mother possibly Johanna, brother possibly Michael (unable to confirm these). Mother definitely widowed in 1841 and
    James had several younger siblings. I see that Clonmeen is only half an hour or so east of Kilquane so very possible a connection. May I ask what info you have on the Daltons from Kilquane? I am searching for absolutely anything about James Dalton's
    family.
    Cheers!
    Ellen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Danahy@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 8 14:20:15 2017
    My DENNEHY married SULLIVAN/O'Sullivan in 2 different generations 1800s in Garanafulla Dow near Waterville.

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 7, 2017, at 11:27 PM, ellenfromdownunder--- via GENIRE <genire@rootsweb.com> wrote:

On Sunday, August 2, 1998 at 5:00:00 PM UTC+10, EDWARD CALLAHAN wrote:
    Anybody out there with roots in the Townland of Kilquane, County Kerry?
    This village is about 7 miles from Killarney. I am particularly
    interested in hearing from anyone with the surnames Murphy, Sullivan,
    Dalton, & Daly.

Please respond. Thank you

Ed Callahan <ecallaha@star.net

Hi Ed,
    My ancestor James Dalton listed his native place as Clonmeen, near Kanturk, Co. Cork, on his convict record in 1841. He was born ~1815. Mother possibly Johanna, brother possibly Michael (unable to confirm these). Mother definitely widowed in 1841 and
    James had several younger siblings. I see that Clonmeen is only half an hour or so east of Kilquane so very possible a connection. May I ask what info you have on the Daltons from Kilquane? I am searching for absolutely anything about James Dalton's
    family.
    Cheers!
    Ellen

-------------------------------
    To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to GENIRE-request@rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)