• KEANE/COUGHLAN, West-Cork

From ellenfromdownunder@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Philip O'Rourke on Thu Dec 7 21:08:06 2017
    Hi Philip,
    I am trying to find anything I can about the Daltons from Clonmeen, near Kanturk. I wondered if you could please share with me what you have about the Daltons from Carrick-on-Suir? My ancestor James Dalton was arrested in Tralee in 1841 and transported
    to Tasmania, Australia. His mother was likely Johanna and his brother likely Michael but I can't confirm. His mother was a widow in 1841 and he had several younger siblings. I'm looking for any tiny leads at all.
    Cheers!
    Ellen

On Monday, March 6, 2000 at 7:00:00 PM UTC+11, Philip O'Rourke wrote:
    My maternal Great Grandfather was Michael KEANE (sometimes spelled KANE), a stonemason from Aghyohil More, Clonakilty, West-Cork. He was married to Mary COUGHLAN. He died in 1895 in the same place. I know little of my Great Grandmother Mary COUGHLAN.
    The had a number of children:

Ellen b. 1869 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Timothy b. 1871 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Mary b. 1875 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Johanna b. 1877 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    John b. 1879 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Catherine b. 1881 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Cornelius b. 1887 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Margaret b. 1889 Aghyohil, West-Cork

If there is anybody out there who can give me any information about either Michael KEANE, Mary COUGHLAN or their children I would be grateful.

Regards
    Philip
    http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/o/r/o/Philip-J-Orourke/

Also researching:
    BANFIELD..................................... of Kerry>Cork KEANE........................................... of West Cork DALTON........................................ of Carrick-on-Suir>Kerry COUGHLAN................................... of West Cork O'ROURKE/ROURKE/RORKE..... of Wexford FURLONG...................................... of Wexford
    O'BRIEN /BRYAN.......................... of Limerick>Kilkenny BRENNAN...................................... of Kilkenny MEEHAN........................................ of Kerry TAFFE............................................. of Kerry FARRELL........................................ of Kilkenny

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ellenfromdownunder@gmail.com@21:1/5 to ellenfrom...@gmail.com on Thu Dec 7 21:08:53 2017
    On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 4:08:08 PM UTC+11, ellenfrom...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi Philip,
    I am trying to find anything I can about the Daltons from Clonmeen, near Kanturk. I wondered if you could please share with me what you have about the Daltons from Carrick-on-Suir? My ancestor James Dalton was arrested in Tralee in 1841 and transported
    to Tasmania, Australia. His mother was likely Johanna and his brother likely Michael but I can't confirm. His mother was a widow in 1841 and he had several younger siblings. I'm looking for any tiny leads at all.
    Cheers!
    Ellen

On Monday, March 6, 2000 at 7:00:00 PM UTC+11, Philip O'Rourke wrote:
    My maternal Great Grandfather was Michael KEANE (sometimes spelled KANE), a stonemason from Aghyohil More, Clonakilty, West-Cork. He was married to Mary COUGHLAN. He died in 1895 in the same place. I know little of my Great Grandmother Mary COUGHLAN.
    The had a number of children:

Ellen b. 1869 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Timothy b. 1871 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Mary b. 1875 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Johanna b. 1877 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    John b. 1879 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Catherine b. 1881 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Cornelius b. 1887 Aghyohil, West-Cork
    Margaret b. 1889 Aghyohil, West-Cork

If there is anybody out there who can give me any information about either Michael KEANE, Mary COUGHLAN or their children I would be grateful.

Regards
    Philip
    http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/o/r/o/Philip-J-Orourke/

Also researching:
    BANFIELD..................................... of Kerry>Cork KEANE........................................... of West Cork DALTON........................................ of Carrick-on-Suir>Kerry COUGHLAN................................... of West Cork O'ROURKE/ROURKE/RORKE..... of Wexford FURLONG...................................... of Wexford
    O'BRIEN /BRYAN.......................... of Limerick>Kilkenny BRENNAN...................................... of Kilkenny MEEHAN........................................ of Kerry TAFFE............................................. of Kerry FARRELL........................................ of Kilkenny

James Dalton likely born ~1815.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)