• Carr Family Research

From adam carr@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 4 11:35:41 2020
    I've been doing some research into the Carr family in Dublin.

My great grandfather William Alfred Carr was born in 1901, to a Catherine Carr, apparently at Loughlinstown Workhouse.

I'm trying to fill the gap to who his father could be but i've hit a wall as it's not recorded on his birth records, none of my family seem to have had any luck with DNA, and i haven't found anything on ancestry.co.uk.

I wondered if anyone might be able to point me in any other directions to try?

Thanks,
    Adam

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jan Van Dessel@21:1/5 to adamcar...@gmail.com on Mon Nov 23 05:21:40 2020
    Hello Adam

I wondered if you have checked the 1901 Irish census records. I had a quick look using the name ‘Catherine Carr’ and set that with filter ‘Dublin’. There are not that many results (15) and you can see the age for each. Wonder if one of those
    might be a your Catherine if you can match ages up. Perhaps where and with who she lived might offer up some clues? One of the Catherines I spotted was aged 22 and working as a servant in the Harris family (and they amongst their children had a son
    called Alfred at the time aged 6). Appreciate a very tenuous link but wanted to offer something back.

Good luck, Jan

On Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 7:35:42 PM UTC, adamcar...@gmail.com wrote:
    I've been doing some research into the Carr family in Dublin.

My great grandfather William Alfred Carr was born in 1901, to a Catherine Carr, apparently at Loughlinstown Workhouse.

I'm trying to fill the gap to who his father could be but i've hit a wall as it's not recorded on his birth records, none of my family seem to have had any luck with DNA, and i haven't found anything on ancestry.co.uk.

I wondered if anyone might be able to point me in any other directions to try?

Thanks,
    Adam

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)