• CUNNINGHAM, MURPHY, County Down

From mccannk@union.edu@21:1/5 to John A. Jackson on Sat May 23 15:16:00 2020
    On Sunday, April 19, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, John A. Jackson wrote:
    My great-grandmother's maiden name was CUNNINGHAM (her first name was
    either Mary or Margaret-not sure which). She married HUGH MURPHY(known as 'Big Red'). I was told she was quite a bit younger than Hugh and he
    'stole' her so they could marry. They lived at the bottom of the Mountains of Mourne in County Down, Ireland (address-BALLYMAGEOGH LISNACREE, NEWRY, COUNTY DOWN-this land would have been sold about 1955 to Barney SLOAN &
    Peter TRAINOR). They had 7 children (Mary Ann-born 1885, Bridget Teresa (my grandmother-born about 1893 outside Kilkeel-I was told she came to the USA with a girl-friend when she was about 16 and the friend went to Montana-perhaps city of Butte and they entered the USA through Boston, Massachusetts), Catherine, Sara Elizabeth, Henry (called Harry), Hugh David and William Patrick(born 1900). I believe it was after Hugh died, Mary and Hugh David and William Patrick left Ireland and came to Albany, New York,
    USA sometime prior to 1924. Catherine and Sara Elizabeth died in Ireland (Sara perhaps as a child and Catherine died as a adult of consumption). The other children were already in the USA when my great-grandmother and her two sons left Ireland. If you have any information on any of the persons mentioned, I would appreciate hearing from you. My e-mail address is jackson@alpinet.net and thank you, Terri Jackson

5/23/2020

Hi - we should talk. My grandfather was William P. Murphy and his father was Hugh and mother Mary Cunningham Murphy. I live in Schenectady NY.
    I hope you reply. I just did a search and came across your message - imagine 22 years later.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)