• Hanephin Family

From colin.hanephin@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 24 01:39:53 2017
    This is Colin hanephin. Simon hanephin I know of was my grandpas brother and he was killed in ww2. He had 2 brothers James and John and Simon was the youngest. My grandfather was the oldest of the three and all 3 participated in ww2. I only met John
    since my grandfather passed away before I was born and he died in 04. They were born to Catherine and Edward Hanephin. Catherine my great grandmother died 1995 so I can remember her well. My grandma is living still

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From colin.hanephin@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 24 01:53:56 2017
    I am Kyle hanephins older brother. We have an uncle Simon born (1963) and a cousin Simon born (2005) as well. My father James and his mother are both alive and well if you need information. I'm sure there's a direct relation because I ve heard the story
    about when they got to New York from Ireland. My great grandmothers husband was Simon you are seeking information about. I know they waited for Mississippi River to freeze to cross in a horse carrage and settle here in stl area and supposedly some ended
    up in Minnesota but name spelled different by interpretor upon USA arrival. Feel free to ask for additional information anytime. colin.hanephin@gmx.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Danahy@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 25 07:18:35 2017
    Copy: colin.hanephin@gmail.com

Where did they live. Years? Did U look on Familysearchdot com?

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 24, 2017, at 3:39 AM, colin.hanephin--- via GENIRE <genire@rootsweb..com> wrote:

as the oldest of the three and all 3 participated in ww2

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From catalpa@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 1 23:41:50 2017
    <colin.hanephin@gmail.com> wrote in message >news:fadc9d72-330c-4fb6-bb51-cbebea552258@googlegroups.com...
    I am Kyle hanephins older brother. We have an uncle Simon born (1963) and a >cousin Simon born (2005) as well. My father James and his mother are both >alive and well if you need information. I'm sure >there's a direct relation >because I ve heard the story about when they got to New York from Ireland.
    My great grandmothers husband was Simon you are seeking information about.
    I know they waited for >Mississippi River to freeze to cross in a horse >carrage and settle here in stl area and supposedly some ended up in
    Minnesota but name spelled different by interpretor upon USA arrival. Feel >free to ask for >additional information anytime. colin.hanephin@gmx.com

"but name spelled different by interpretor upon USA arrival"

Really? Why would they have needed an interpreter? They were from Ireland
    and spoke English.

I am repeating what I said earlier in this thread:

"In the good old days consistent spelling of given and family names was not
    a high priority.

Also ages were flexible or just lied about."

And if you make the effort to look at the 1860 and 1850 censuses you will
    see that Simon was born in New York before 1852 and the names of his
    parents.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05