• luigi prima

From jennielwagster@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 15 18:39:18 2016
    i was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help me. my great grandfather was born in italy. his name was luigi (louis) prima (primo), born june 7, 1882 in Brindisi, Apulia, Italy. without going into a long drawn out story...lol...he was living
    with my great grandmother, not married to my knowledge, they conceived my grandma, and went their separate ways. needless to say, there is no one alive that can tell me anything about him, his parents, his other children, etc. i have found the basic
    information and know about his life for the most part here in sacramento, but i cant find anything else to help me move forward with his family history. if anyone out there knows anything about this man or his family i would be very appreciative of
    hearing from you and anything you might have to share with me. i will put the information i have below and no, he was not the famous singer louis primo....lol...just my lkuck he shares a name with a singer so searching the internet is lots of fun.

luigi prima
    DOB 7 june 1882 in Brindisi, di leccia, Italy
    D0D 18 aug 1966 in sacramento california

arrived via ellis island in about may 1906
    by 1920 he was in california and listed as married, although he was not living with his wife at the time.

in 1930 he was living in sacramento with my grandmother georgina corriea and her children.
    my grandma was born in dec 1935 and by 1940 my great grandmother was married to another man and that man adopted my grandmother.

my grandma says she saw louis a few times as a child, and remembers him having a wife and other children, but doesnt remember their names. by my own research i believe he had a daughter who went by anna, possible real name was antonetta, she used the
    last names primo and salice so i am assuming she was married at some point to someone named salice.

louis married a woman named mary sometime after 1940. they lived here in sacramento until they died however i can find no records of them having children or where those children are today. i also have no idea his parents names. according to his death
    record his mothers maiden name was calizia or calzia, but that hasnt helped me at all with research.

thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)