• GEN-ITALIAN Digest, Vol 11, Issue 25

From vas575 via@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 14 21:11:50 2016
    Re: Nicola DiBernardo

I am sorry you have lost someone you felt was a good friend. I have some non-specific but solid suggestions for you. The first caveat of studying family history is to start with what you know. In this case is this gentleman was from the Naples area of
    Italy. I would suggest first looking at newspaper obituaries online. This might give you the names of surviving relatives. If this is unsuccessful, then the Stato de Civile. or town clerk for a death certificate which should indicate an "informant" -
    the person who notified the Clerk of the death. This is likely to be a close relative and you would have their name and location.

You can also look for the main church in Naples and surrounding towns. In Italy, I am told that there is one catholic church in each town that maintains death records for all of the catholic churches in that town. Again, you should learn the names of
    the surviving family.

Next I would search social media. Facebook for the informant's name. If you know the names of Mr. DiBernardo's children, you might search their names as well.

I hope you find this helpful.
    Vicky

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From franciscoles39@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 15 09:01:57 2016
    Thanks Vicky. I,ll work on all your suggestions.

Kind regards Francis

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)