• Ciotti in Roccagorga Province

From wendycstaub@gmail.com@21:1/5 to cookiemo...@gmail.com on Sat Jan 9 15:33:36 2016
    On Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 8:52:42 PM UTC-4, cookiemo...@gmail.com wrote:
    My grandfather was Arcangelo Ciotti, Roccagorga italy. You were researching him in 1999...possibly for me. Did you ever get any information?

I'm American, living in NY, and my family is from Roccagorga--my great grandfather was Onorato Corsi and my great grandmother was Antonia Philomena Rossi Corsi. They emigrated through Ellis Island in the early 1900s. I hired a genealogist to research our
    family's lineage in Roccagorga and am now searching for relatives. Surnames are, in addition to Corsi and Rossi, Bonanni or Bonnanni, Etorre, Ciotti and others.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From italianlaw1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Quebec on Tue Jan 26 18:23:06 2016
    On Wednesday, June 2, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Quebec wrote:
    Hello List:

Is any one researching the above province? I am just starting and need advice.. I got pretty good searching in Quebec, but Italy is new to
    me...Here is the information that I have just in case it sounds familiar
    to someone

1. Arcangelo Ciotti
    Born Feb 25 1897- came to Rome NY at 17 years old from the above
    province

2. Chiara Fronzilli
    Wife-----met in Rome NY

3. Louise Ciotti
    Sister---stayed in Italy

Thank you for your time and help

Doug

Doug
    I have two from Roccagorda (LT) with same name, but they do not match your year.
    Are you sure?
    CIOTTI ANGELO 05/10/1885
    CIOTTI ANGELO 19/04/1895

Anthony Alioto

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From joyce.lynette@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Quebec on Wed Jul 5 23:06:29 2017
    On Wednesday, 2 June 1999 03:00:00 UTC-4, Quebec wrote:
    Sorry I left out Roccagorga is a province of ROME ITALY---

Doug

I also have family from Roccagorga, and my great-grandfather's passport and travel records show Roccagorga as a province of Rome as well. But every time I look it up it shows up in the Latina Province. Perhaps there was a border shift more recently than
    our relatives' immigration?

Anyway, I have some documentation on Archangelo, his brothers, and his children on my Ancestry.com tree because the working theory is that your Ciottis are related to my Ciottis. (I think perhaps Vincenzo, Archangelo's father, was my great-great-
    grandfather's brother though that is suggested only anecdotally by some of my grandmother's cousins). If you're still interested in any of this you're welcome to poke around the tree: https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/22591328/person/
    19971470879/facts
    If nothing else, there's a clipping of Archangelo's obituary attached.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Free Flights to Italy NGO@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 6 12:04:39 2017
    I also have family from Roccagorga, and my great-grandfather's passport
    and travel records show Roccagorga as a province of Rome as well. But every time I look it up it shows up in the Latina Province. Perhaps there was a border shift more recently than our relatives' immigration?
    There was a border shift, more than 80 years ago (in 1934).

--
    https://www.freeflightstoitaly.ngo/genealogy.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05