• Histoire du nom de famille Marsan

From trilogywg@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 18 22:48:57 2016
    On Saturday, November 28, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, DMckin4975 wrote:
    My french is not good enough for more than the title!

Anyone know of the history of the surname "Marsan"

My family is in the U.S.. I have been told that the name is either French or Monaguesque, that it is quite common and that there might be a city with the same name.

Any leads or information will be appreciated!! Thank-you very much in advance.

Merci bien!!

Jennifer Marsan
    dmckin4975@aol.com

Origin is Navarre about the 9th century. Common name in this area of modern day Spain and France. A branch was established in Normandy through marriage. Pierre Marsan dit Lapierre settled in New France in the 1600s.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cindygbev@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 26 08:23:30 2018
    On Saturday, November 28, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, DMckin4975 wrote:

My family is in the U.S.. I have been told that the name is either French or Monaguesque, that it is quite common and that there might be a city with the same name.

Merci bien!!

Jennifer Marsan
    dmckin4975@aol.com

My 3rd great grandmother, Jeanne Laure Marsan came from France in the 1800s to Louisiana.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cindygbev@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Charles Jewett on Mon Feb 26 08:30:34 2018
    On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 12:48:57 AM UTC-6, Charles Jewett wrote:

My family is in the U.S.. I have been told that the name is either French or
    Monaguesque, that it is quite common and that there might be a city with the
    same name.

Merci bien!!

Jennifer Marsan
    dmckin4975@aol.com

Origin is Navarre about the 9th century. Common name in this area of modern day Spain and France. A branch was established in Normandy through marriage. Pierre Marsan dit Lapierre settled in New France in the 1600s.

Hi Charles,

Do you have sources for that? I'm trying to verify parentage for my 3rd great grandmother, Jeanne Laure Marsan of France.

Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
    Cindy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From trilogywg@gmail.com@21:1/5 to cind...@gmail.com on Sun Apr 8 10:45:08 2018
    On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 11:30:35 AM UTC-5, cind...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 12:48:57 AM UTC-6, Charles Jewett wrote:

My family is in the U.S.. I have been told that the name is either French or
    Monaguesque, that it is quite common and that there might be a city with the
    same name.

Merci bien!!

Jennifer Marsan
    dmckin4975@aol.com

Hi Charles,

Do you have sources for that? I'm trying to verify parentage for my 3rd great grandmother, Jeanne Laure Marsan of France.

Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
    Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Been a long time 20 years. Yes, I have proof I am a direct descendant of Pierre Marsan Mercan dit La Prierre who came to New France in 1700. He was a soldier, he settled and later married. He and his wife are responsible for approximately twenty thousand
    offspring in the Western Hemisphere. I have the Family Tree created by my Great Grandfather Marsan. Charles A. Jewett

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05