• =?UTF-8?Q?Help_Deciphering_Old_Handwriting_on_Marriage_Record_?= =?UTF-

From jordanvandenberg@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 9 20:14:43 2016
    Hello,
    I was conducting some research on the Charlebois branch of my family tree and was looking to find the original of the marriage record for Antoine Charlebois and Marie Dosquet who were the parents of Jean Charlebois dit Jolibois (who emigrated to New
    France).

I believe I have found it 09 Sep 1649 in the parish of Saint-André-du-Bois, Gironde, France, but am having trouble reading the old script. I believe that it lists the father's of the bride and groom, both named Francois from what I can make out, but I
    am unsure whether the name of the mother's is also listed after, or if it is part of a parish name. I can't make out the words. Any help in the matter of deciphering the record would be greatly appreciated. The link to the scan of the marriage record is
    below.

http://gael.gironde.fr/img-viewer/FRAD033/Mi/1MiEC/1MiEC8R3/viewer.html?np=FRAD033_1MiEC8R3_0233_P.jpg&nd=FRAD033_1MiEC8R3_0392_P.jpg&ns=FRAD033_1MiEC8R3_0242_P.jpg

Also, Unfortunately the scan of the baptismal record for Jean Charlebois dit Jolibois (21 Nov 1666) from the same parish seems to be part of section of missing records (or perhaps not scanned). The baptismal records skip from 1658 to the 1670s.

Thank you and good day,
    Jordan Vandenberg.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jordanvandenberg@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to jordanva...@hotmail.com on Fri Mar 17 10:18:51 2017
    For those also related to this couple, the names of the parents that I could not previously make out are:

Anthoine Charlebois
    father: Francois Charlebois
    mother: Anthonienne de Lalande

Marie Dosquet
    father: Francois Dosquet
    mother: Bonaventure Moreau

On Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 11:14:44 PM UTC-4, jordanva...@hotmail.com wrote:
    Hello,
    I was conducting some research on the Charlebois branch of my family tree and was looking to find the original of the marriage record for Antoine Charlebois and Marie Dosquet who were the parents of Jean Charlebois dit Jolibois (who emigrated to New
    France).

I believe I have found it 09 Sep 1649 in the parish of Saint-André-du-Bois, Gironde, France, but am having trouble reading the old script. I believe that it lists the father's of the bride and groom, both named Francois from what I can make out, but I
    am unsure whether the name of the mother's is also listed after, or if it is part of a parish name. I can't make out the words. Any help in the matter of deciphering the record would be greatly appreciated. The link to the scan of the marriage record is
    below.

http://gael.gironde.fr/img-viewer/FRAD033/Mi/1MiEC/1MiEC8R3/viewer.html?np=FRAD033_1MiEC8R3_0233_P.jpg&nd=FRAD033_1MiEC8R3_0392_P.jpg&ns=FRAD033_1MiEC8R3_0242_P.jpg

Also, Unfortunately the scan of the baptismal record for Jean Charlebois dit Jolibois (21 Nov 1666) from the same parish seems to be part of section of missing records (or perhaps not scanned). The baptismal records skip from 1658 to the 1670s.

Thank you and good day,
    Jordan Vandenberg.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)