• Gagnon/Gaignon

From Denis Beauregard@21:1/5 to baumbers@gmail.com on Fri Mar 16 01:50:53 2018
    On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 11:22:26 -0700 (PDT), baumbers@gmail.com wrote in soc.genealogy.french:

Hi Sharon I know this post is 20 years old so I am hoping you will respond. My tree has this Robert Gagnon as my 9th great grandfather. I am wondering if you have done a DNA test. I would love to know if my DNA matches up with someone else in the same
    Gagnon line. That would probably at least confirm we are on the right family line.

This is somewhat useless. Y-ADN from both lines are quite similar.

From Jean and Pierre, grand-sons of Barnabé. http://miroise.org/catalogue/TRI0151/

From Robert
    http://miroise.org/catalogue/TRI0139/

Denis

P.S. Most people are now using Facebook to exchange genealogy stuff...

--
    Denis Beauregard - généalogiste émérite (FQSG)
    Les Français d'Amérique du Nord - www.francogene.com/genealogie--quebec/ French in North America before 1722 - www.francogene.com/quebec--genealogy/
    Sur cédérom à 1785 - On CD-ROM to 1785

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From baumbers@gmail.com@21:1/5 to RSK Wooley on Thu Mar 15 11:22:26 2018
    On Saturday, July 5, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, RSK Wooley wrote:
    Hello my name is Sharon,

I am new to this list and I hope someone might be able to help me with my Gagnon/Gaignon line.

I have been searching the Gagnon line for a number of years and have been searching for Jean Gagnon born 1602 Tourouvre, Orne, Perche (Normandy), France. Jean married Marie Geffray/Gestray, June 5, 1626 La Ventrouse, Tourouvre, Perche, France. Marie was born in 1604.

children:

Mathurine Gagnon (F) B Sept. 3, 1626 La Ventrouse, Orne, Perche, France

Robert Gagnon/Gaignon (M) B Mar. 1 1628 St. Madeleine/St. Aubin, La Ventrouse, Tourouvre,Mortagne, Perche, France. Married Marie Parentelle/Parenteau Oct. 3 1657 Quebec, Canada.

Francoise Gagnon (F) B Feb. 27, 1630 La Ventrouse Orne, France

Jean Gagnon (M) B Dec. 15, 1632 La Ventrouse, Orne, France

Anne Gagnon (F) B Mar. 25, 1642 " "

Marie Gagnon (F) B Sept. 27, 1644 " "

I have written the Parishes of St. Aubin as well as St. Madeleine and received nothing, no reply. I have written the Archdiocese as well with
    no reply.

I have been told by several people that the French do not like Americans researching their ancestry. I hope this is not true. I would love to
    know more about my French ancestry in France. I know when they came to Quebec and I would like to know about the Gaignon/Gagnon family early ancestry when there was seven Gaignon families of the Perche Region.

Any suggestions or information that can put me in the right direction for
    my research would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sharon Gagnon-Wooley

Hi Sharon I know this post is 20 years old so I am hoping you will respond. My tree has this Robert Gagnon as my 9th great grandfather. I am wondering if you have done a DNA test. I would love to know if my DNA matches up with someone else in the same
    Gagnon line. That would probably at least confirm we are on the right family line.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)