• Francois Devost / Aglae Levesque

From jghermelpoitras@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 6 06:48:29 2017
    Le dimanche 22 juin 1997 04:00:00 UTC-3, Glen Albert a écrit :
    I an looking for help in identifying the parents of my great-grandparents Francois Devost and Aglae Levesque. Francois was from Ste Modeste, Que.
    They were married in 1873 (location unknown) and eventually settled in Drummond, NB.

I've potentially identified Aglae's parents as Firmin Levesque and Esther-Adelaide Pelletier, married on January 14, 1861 Isle Verte, QC, but
    I haven't been able to confirm this. Any help would be appreciated.

Glen Albert
    Warner, NH.

Dear Glen,

I did find a first marriage of Francois Devost under the name Francois Michaud in St-Modeste to Vitaline Dubé on August 10 1863. Then Vitaline died in 1872 in St-Modeste he remarried in 1873 in St-Modeste on May 26 to Aglae Levesque.

His death record in 1928, it is reported that he was born in New Brunswick on March 25 1841. And list his father as Joseph Devost and Celeste .... Well in New Brunswich on that date, Franois is born to a Celeste Michaud with father unknown. However
    there is also another child born to Celeste Devost in 1839 with father unknown. I believe that she is Devost dit Michaud or Michaud dit Devost. Cannot track her anywhere else. Probably died in Temiscouata but I cannot find her death record.

Hope this help you.

Jean-Guy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)