• SAMIN Family

From jackiesamin@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Apr 3 06:34:07 2017
    Hi Darrell

My name is Jacqueline Samin and I was born 18/2/38 in Sydney, Australia. My paternal grandfather was Edward Frederick Samin, the youngest son of Henry Samin and Agnes Lavinia Roberts. My grandfather said that his father came from Marseilles, France. It
    is my understanding that Henry remarried and travelled to the Lismore NSW area around the Clarence River. He mentioned siblings names Lena, Christine, George, Agnes, Antonine & William. I understand that the children were from two wives the later one
    being "Holland" (surname).

My grandfather volunteered for service in WW1 and served in the trenches in France. I later met two of his sisters - Christine (who lived in Brisbane Qld) and Antonine who lived in Adelaide SA. He was a tall, very thin man with quite olive skin, curly
    hair and very dark brown eyes. He married Violet Ethel Kennedy from Inverell NSW and they had four sons - Edward (my father and the eldest), George, Ronald and Robert Henry.

I have always had a very strong interest in the French side of our family and have been lucky enough to holiday there on several occasions. It would be most interesting
    to discover some of Henry's descendants in France.

Jacqueline Samin jackiesamin@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)