• Looking for relatives of Sub Lieutenant Raymond Laurence Knott of Grant

From Portland Magazine@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 31 08:41:41 2021
    I'm writing to learn if there are local family members I could contact about a war hero of Grantham–Sub Lieutenant Raymond Laurence Knott, who perished during flight training in the U.S. in 1944 during maneuvers over Sebago Lake, Maine.
    He went to The King's School, Grantham. Here's a link from Grantham Matters: https://www.granthammatters.co.uk/category/hall-of-fame/page/20/. To see his entry in the Hall of Fame, just search for "Knott" in this link. His father was Henry Knott, and
    his mother was Matilda Rose Knott.
    In writing a story about Sub Lieutenant Knnott's F4 Corsair at the bottom of Sebago lake, a formal war grave that contains remains, It occurred to me that if I could reach his surviving family members in Grantham, they may be interested in bringing
    him home.
    Could one of the Grantham Phone Directories' participants in this forum please help me contact living family members in the area whom I might contact, or is there an online resource I could consult, searching for the surname Knott, that covers your
    area? I was a U.S. Navy pilot myself, and I appreciate your reply on this post. Sincerely,
    Colin W. Sargent, PhD
    Founding Editor & Publisher
    Portland Magazine
    editor@portlandmonthly.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)