• A Tribute to Gen. Jozef Haller and the 'Blue Army'

From ny2m911@gmail.com@21:1/5 to buzzer on Wed Mar 15 15:43:50 2017
    On Tuesday, July 31, 2001 at 4:07:17 AM UTC-4, buzzer wrote:
    I am trying to locate Robert Tarwacki, the author/webmaster of this most interesting site. http://www.geocities.com/hallersarmy/index.html
    His e-mail addresses do not function.....

Who can help?
    In the meantime, and for general viewing, the message I had written for him:

Hi,
    I was pleasantly surprised by your site!
    I would like to draw your attention on the following book:
    'Blekitna armia: w 80 rocznice utworzenia', by Dariusz Radziwillowicz
    The book was published in 1997 on behalf of the Polish Ministry of Defence (Ministerstwo Obrony Narodowego, departament spoleczno-wychowawczy, oddz. edukacji obywatelski)
    It's ISBN number is 83-86268-69-7
    I bought it for 25 zloty's in Lodz, Poland, from the Army Bookshop.
    Have a look at http://ksiegarnia.bellona.pl for their main source of
    material

My wife's great-grandfather Witold KUS came to Ellis Island in 1913. He was an active fighter for Polish Independence who had escaped from Russian emprisonment/banishment. He went to his sister in Cleveland, OH and it would appear he later went to Cheswick, PA (that's the address he gave in his army enlistment records, of which I've got a copy). In that period he was an activist for the Polish K.O.N. organization in Pittsburgh.
    He saw action in France and later in the Ukraine, he was decommissioned in 1920. He never became US citizen and returned to Poland after having been decommisioned.
    Because he died in a concentration camp during WW II, no records of anything were kept at home. I managed to establish from letters of his at the State Archives in Poland, though, that he was in possession of the following decorations:
    1) Medal Sokolstwa Polonia w Ameryce (za tworzenie Armji Polskiej tamze)
    2) Krzyz za udzial w walkach na Ukrainie w Armi Gen. Hallera
    3a) French medal for having served on the Western front in Haller's Army
    3b) French medal for having served in the Great War under Gen. Haller

In the 1930's he was awarded the Independence Cross with Swords, one of Poland's highest military decorations, for his activities as an Independence Fighter before the First World War.

I would appreciate any further information on these decorations, what they looked like etc. Also I am not quite sure where he actually fought:
    is there any way, any where of finding out? Would the French Army Archives hold anything?

Regards,
    Albert Lammers,
    Vlissingen/Holland

Hello Albert,

I have just found this post today, 15/III/2017. I had to move my site due to ISP changes. It can now be found at www.tarwacki.com.

I can be reached via email at ny2m@verizon.net.

If I can be of any help, please reach out to me.

Cheers,
    Bob Tarwacki

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)