It is March already! That means less than 30 days to take advantage of the early-bird pricing ($10 discount)
for the Spring Genealogy Workshop on May 6th at the Ukrainian American Citizens' Club in Carnegie, PA
(near Pittsburgh)! A light breakfast and lunch are included. Don't miss this opportunity, with talks on:
* Beginning Ukrainian Genealogy
* Finding and Using Church Records from Your Ancestral Village
* The Aliens are Coming: USCIS Record Sets
* History of Lemkos, Boykos, and Hutsuls
* Using Gazetteers, Directories, and Schematisms for Eastern European Research.
SEVERAL NEW, VALUE-ADDED FEATURES:
1. It will now be much easier to network with other attendees who may share your ancestral villages and perhaps even your ancestors! This year for the first time we will have a list for everyone with the name, contact information, and villages/surnames
of interest for every attendee who chooses to participate! (This information will be collected on the registration form.)
2. For the first time this year, we will have an assortment of books available for purchase, including the Genealogical Gazetteer of Galicia by Brian Lenius, and several others! Details to come.
3. In addition to the books, we will also have a vendor offering Ukrainian souvenirs for purchase. If you would like to obtain some knick-knacks or memorabilia to display your heritage at home, this is the place to do it!
4. Vera Miller, the host of the Find Your Lost Russian & Ukrainian Family blog and facebook site, has graciously volunteered her time to help workshop attendees look-up contact information for current family on Eastern European Social Media sites!
5. Plans are in the works to set up an "on-your-own" tour of the local Ukrainian museum some time during the weekend. If we get enough interest we can organize a small group to do this outside of the workshop hours.
More to come! We hope you will register today and we hope to see you there!!