• PROUT OR PROUTE; BARBADOS, TRINIDAD, US & UK

From dashwinfrey@gmail.com@21:1/5 to TriniProute on Sun Sep 3 12:21:26 2017
    On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 10:19:29 PM UTC-5, TriniProute wrote:
    Dear D.U.Proute,
    I have read your message and I have some information about your Prout/Proute relatives in Trinidad that would really interest you

I would love the information shared as well. My second great grandmother was a Prout from Barbados and there are other family members' who spelled their name as Proute.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From editor.lagranada@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 21 13:16:02 2017
    Hello, searching on behalf of a friend. Is Prout an old name in Trinidad? My friend's family were slaves there, potentially captured and transported from Ghana. Would Prout be the name of their plantation owner? Are there records available to research?
    Thanks. Debbie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ernest Wiltshire@21:1/5 to editor.lagranada@gmail.com on Tue Nov 21 16:50:53 2017
    Prout(e) is a name that I associate with Barbados; however many
    Barbadians moved to Trinidad, so perhaps you should be looking at
    Barbados records. However, I may be mistaken, but I am not aware of any
    Prouts who were plantation owners.

On 2017-11-21 4:16 PM, editor.lagranada@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello, searching on behalf of a friend. Is Prout an old name in Trinidad? My friend's family were slaves there, potentially captured and transported from Ghana. Would Prout be the name of their plantation owner? Are there records available to research?
    Thanks. Debbie

--
    Ernest M. Wiltshire

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BlandTree@aol.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 22 19:40:29 2017
    I am not sure if it helps but in The National Archives in London are the "Triennial Registers of Slaves for Trinidad which might hold some
    information of interest to you. Unfortunately I live too far away to be able to
    visit there, otherwise I would happily look at them for you. http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_q=Trinidad+slave+registe
    rs
    From previous visits I can say that slaves frequently had the surnames of their owners and the other information given was:
    Names, Surname, Colour, Employment, Age, Stature, Country, Country, Marks, Relations, Corrections.
    I can supply a photograph of an entry in 1825 to illustrate this if it
    helps.
    Good luck with your search,
    Malcolm Bland

In a message dated 21/11/2017 21:20:25 GMT Standard Time, editor.lagranada@gmail.com writes:

Hello, searching on behalf of a friend. Is Prout an old name in Trinidad?
    My friend's family were slaves there, potentially captured and transported from Ghana. Would Prout be the name of their plantation owner? Are there records available to research? Thanks. Debbie
    The Caribbean List now has a Resources Page at Historic Antigua and
    Barbuda http://www.rootsweb.com/~atgwgw/
    -------------------------------
    To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to CARIBBEAN-request@rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject
    and the body of the message

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05