• The Malcolm Family of Jamaica - links in Argyllshire, Scotland.

From tunnisian@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 17:41:20 2017
    Hello I think this may be my
    grand mother maternal father any help is appreciated

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From dekwill@googlemail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 17 16:27:50 2018
    Hi my name is Derek Dell from the uk I have connections to John Malcolm who was a slave owner in westmoreland Jamaica
    My great grandmother x6 was one of my family members he owned

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From medical@romac.org.au@21:1/5 to dek...@googlemail.com on Thu Jul 26 03:16:33 2018
    On Wednesday, 18 April 2018 11:27:51 UTC+12, dek...@googlemail.com wrote:
    Hi my name is Derek Dell from the uk I have connections to John Malcolm who was a slave owner in westmoreland Jamaica

Hi,
    I was born in Scotland and am descended from the Malcolms of Poltalloch. My DNA shows that I have West African DNA, almost certainly Ghanain, which is where all the
    Malcoms' 280 slaves originated.
    I believe that one of the Malcolm sons, John returned to Argyll with 2 of his children by an unnamed slave,
    George and Georgina , the children were, baptised in Hanover Jamaica in 1813 in his name, and described as "Quadroons" ie a 1/4 'white'.
    John was a barrister and died in Argyll in 1830 aged 43 years.
    I am not at all certain of this and would very much appreciate your information.

Cheers,

Eric

--
    If you receive this message in error, please advise us with a reply and
    delete this document from your system.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shainewallace1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 11 08:40:29 2020
    Hello my name is shaine Wallace I'm from the community of knockalva in Jamaica Hanover I would like to now more about my community of knockalva it a beautiful place with lots of history places email me back if u get this message...shainewallace1@gmail.
    com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Shey Smith@21:1/5 to shainew...@gmail.com on Wed Sep 2 11:57:27 2020
    If you're on FamilySearch or Geni, please see the tree I've been trying to build on the Malcolm family in Jamaica from Pollatach

On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:40:30 AM UTC-4, shainew...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello my name is shaine Wallace I'm from the community of knockalva in Jamaica Hanover I would like to now more about my community of knockalva it a beautiful place with lots of history places email me back if u get this message...shainewallace1@gmail.
    com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kate Thomas@21:1/5 to dek...@googlemail.com on Fri May 19 19:02:59 2023
    On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 11:27:51 AM UTC+12, dek...@googlemail.com wrote:

I am a descendent of Neill Malcolm b. 1825 in Hanover Jamaica, who came to NZ in 1850. He was the son of John Malcolm and Mary Johnson who was his "housekeeper" according to his will. Neill's birth record states he was "quadroon" and I have West African
    DNA.

Keen to connect so I can find out more, especially about Mary Johnson, which might be wishful thinking.

Thanks,
    Kate

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05