• Re: More Henry Cerf

From Lorrena Elliott@21:1/5 to RLYMA...@aol.com on Mon Dec 27 19:43:28 2021
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this ? I too am direct descendant of Thomas Elliott Esquire.... he had a Jewish Wife - Judith Sherman ( illegitimately born of Nicolas Sheimir (Sherman) and Jane Legister both untraceable) and it was said she was a
    mulatto but I am guessing coloured lady + Jewish ) .... the Thomas Thomas I speak of went on to marry again and have more children but returned to Aberdeen with his new wife Sarah Euston. He is allegedly disowned step/half-brother of 5th baronet of Stobs
    ... who go all the way back to border reivers and then to Breton D’Alyth mercenaries who came with William the conqueror ... they were close to Rober the Bruce who looked after them after they had their lands taken away in 1306 as they were MOST
    LIKELY Templar Knights.... those who gave safe passage to those wishing to visit the holy land. THIS COULD BE THE JEWISH CONNECTION... and explains why Thomas’s Jamaican Jewish children were left Henry Cerf.... his Eliot of Stobs baronetcy lineage
    goes back to generals and mps and he had to leave behind his West Indian family but left them provided for.... 2 of his sons are buried on my families land in Ballard Bslley, St Elizabeth
    On Saturday, 30 September 2000 at 08:00:00 UTC+1, RLYMA...@aol.com wrote:
    Dear Robin - Thank you very much - after reading your whole message - including the Census section - I realized that you had helped me considerably
    - with the inclusion of names, dates and locations - I now have more to search - just what I need - Very interesting about the wills - both witnessed
    by the same William Elliott Oliver - There is a close connection here between
    our ancestors. The Elliotts, Cerfs and Cohens were, it appears, had more than just business dealings I will now have to sort this all out. - It seems that Mr. Cerf is the key to the whole thing - Thanks again - Regards - Richard.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Judith Elam@21:1/5 to RLYMA...@aol.com on Sat Jan 1 06:04:44 2022
    On Friday, September 29, 2000 at 9:00:00 PM UTC-10, RLYMA...@aol.com wrote:
    Dear Robin - Thank you very much - after reading your whole message - including the Census section - I realized that you had helped me considerably
    - with the inclusion of names, dates and locations - I now have more to search - just what I need - Very interesting about the wills - both witnessed
    by the same William Elliott Oliver - There is a close connection here between
    our ancestors. The Elliotts, Cerfs and Cohens were, it appears, had more than just business dealings I will now have to sort this all out. - It seems that Mr. Cerf is the key to the whole thing - Thanks again - Regards - Richard.
    Maximilian Joseph Wolff is somehow related to my relative Rudolph Lewis, who was born Rafael Lewin in Spandau, now part of Berlin. https://www.ancestry.com/mediaui-viewer/collection/1030/tree/100876506/person/122138718712/media/b0188e9d-9904-4ea3-8bf4-
    23f3c217ecc2?_phsrc=bfr194592&usePUBJs=true

Rudolph's grandmother is Lane - of Spandau - my 5th great-grandmother. She was married twice. I descend from her first husband, and Rudolph descends from her 2nd husband Joseph Abraham. I cannot for the life of me figure out how Rudolph and MJW are
    cousins. His sister Rebecca was indeed married to Franz Spandow and they lived in Berlin.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)