• [Carib] Hazell family

From brfroemming@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 25 18:13:15 2020
    A lot of your information is good. I can give you the roots of Hassell (Hazzell, Hazel) family. Can't write it now. But a brief note, Hercules was first mate on the Dutch ship Van Dyke, Elizabeth was a passenger on that ship from England and picked up
    from Plymouth Sound. They were on their way to St. Vincent and were being chased by pirates. Hercules took the passengers from the ship and headed toward a tiny island in the distance. Knowing only by the formation of a cloud in the sky. Anyway, long
    story short they were marooned for 3 years before hercules used his ship building experience to fashion boat that could go get a ship to rescue the marooned passengers. He married Elizabeth Simmons and they settled in Bequia.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Richard Hazell@21:1/5 to brfro...@gmail.com on Thu Mar 5 10:54:14 2020
    On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 9:13:16 PM UTC-5, brfro...@gmail.com wrote:
    A lot of your information is good. I can give you the roots of Hassell (Hazzell, Hazel) family. Can't write it now. But a brief note, Hercules was first mate on the Dutch ship Van Dyke, Elizabeth was a passenger on that ship from England and picked
    up from Plymouth Sound. They were on their way to St. Vincent and were being chased by pirates. Hercules took the passengers from the ship and headed toward a tiny island in the distance. Knowing only by the formation of a cloud in the sky. Anyway,
    long story short they were marooned for 3 years before hercules used his ship building experience to fashion boat that could go get a ship to rescue the marooned passengers. He married Elizabeth Simmons and they settled in Bequia.

This is very interesting information that I did not have. i am part of that Hazell line and would love to get more about this history.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nichocourtney@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 4 02:52:17 2020
    This is a splendid story and would love to have it in full with your references.

I have Hercules being born in St Thomas Danish Virgin Islands but he could equally have been on the Dutch ship as you suggest.

Hercules Hazell, 1749 - 1833. Either way he was John Hercules Hazell's great grandfather.

Much looking forward to hearing from you,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Debbie Beaulieu@21:1/5 to nichoc...@gmail.com on Sat Jan 22 14:20:18 2022
    On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 3:52:18 AM UTC-6, nichoc...@gmail.com wrote:
    This is a splendid story and would love to have it in full with your references.

I have Hercules being born in St Thomas Danish Virgin Islands but he could equally have been on the Dutch ship as you suggest.

Hercules Hazell, 1749 - 1833. Either way he was John Hercules Hazell's great grandfather.

Much looking forward to hearing from you,

Did you get any info on this my 2nd great grandfather Peter Hazel came from the Dutch West Indies but can't find any info on them. He came to US in 1822. I would love to find out more about Hercules and John Hercules to see if they match.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05