• Abraham Chalwill Hill and his children

From lee9teen@gmail.com@21:1/5 to JENSEN on Fri Oct 12 08:56:10 2018
    On Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 3:41:40 AM UTC-4, CAMILLA MARLENE JENSEN wrote:
    Greetings,

I am currently interested in the Hill family from Tortola, who later on
    moved to St. John.
    Abraham Chalwill owned a plantation on Tortola with several hundreds of slaves, and in 1819, when he dies, he wills most of it, if not all, to his five children, all born on Tortola:

Elizabeth Martin Hill, later Felrus & Trumbull born 17 Nov. 1792
    Ruth Ann Hill born 9 May 1796,
    Henry Jennings Hill born 10 June 1798
    George Hill born 10 July 1802
    Mary Hill born 6 Feb. 1804

I know that the children owned Estate Monsbury and Vaniniberg on St. John in 1835, and that it later was renamed Abraham's Fancy, and in their possession for many years.

I am particularly interested in Ruth Ann Hill, as a child in 1831, named Ann Jane only 5 weeks old, and by birth belonged to her. I have reason to
    believe that Ann Jane was my GGGG-grandmother. But, any information on this family would be of interest and great appreciation.

Also, I will be visiting the USVI and Tortola in Jan. 2003. Can someone
    help me with the physical address to the archive on Tortola? Maybe a finding aid?

I have a list of children baptised on St. Thomas, 1822-1826, that I have found in the Bishops Archive at the provincial archive in Copenhagen. There are about 400 entries and a few from St. John. I will gladly forward this list to anybody of interest.

Cheers

Camilla-Marlene

Hi I am of the Hill family of Tortola, I am very interested in speaking with you. Please contact me at vinativedesigns@yahoo.com if you can.

Best Regards

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)