• ROLL CALL: AQUART AND MARUCHEAU before 1800 Grenada, St. Lucia, Martini

From donaches@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 18 17:11:26 2018
    Have you gotten this info?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From caquart@gmail.com@21:1/5 to dona...@gmail.com on Sun Apr 29 15:10:06 2018
    On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 5:11:27 PM UTC-7, dona...@gmail.com wrote:
    Have you gotten this info?

I have gotten the information. Thanks for asking.

Cathy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donaches@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 2 20:45:26 2018
    Awesome! I did Ancestrydna and I was link to a decendant if Pierre Marucheau. I was also linked to others who had family trees that included the Marucheaus. I am a bit curious about someone named Percival Marucheau. He had three kids that I know of,
    Percival, Philomene/Pholomeina, and Clermont Marucheau. I know that Percival and Philomene were Mulatoes. Percival mother was Haitian. I think her mane was Marie Hoodine Marucheau. Percival jr and Philomene were born in St lucia. In the areas that
    the Marucheau family had estates. I also heard that my great grandma Josephine Blaize was the daughter of a french white man and she had a sister named Philomene. Also, the name Percival does ring a bell. Do you have any info on the people I named by
    any chance?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donaches@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 2 20:23:11 2018
    LI did Ancestrydna and I was linked to some Marucheau/Aquart decentent. I am trying to put the pieces together but I am having a very hard time. I heard that my great grandma Josephine Blaize(daughter of a white french man and black woman) had a sister
    named Philomene, and I found info on a Philomenia/Philomene Marucheau. She had a brother naed Percival and that name also rings a bell. They also had a brother names Raymond Marucheau. After reviewing USA cencus records, I found out that Philomene and
    Perceival were Mulatoes, who where born in St lucia, but moved to the U.S around the 1900's. I also found records stating that Percival's dad was also named Perceival and was deceased by the 1920's.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From caquart@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 8 21:11:27 2018
    Hi, I have a Percival Marucheau (spouse unknown) with 3 children: Percival Joseph Marucheau born 14 October 1874 in St. Lucia and died October 1969 in Connecticut: Clermont J. Marucheau born about 1876 and died 13 January 1928 in Niagara Falls, New York.
    Clermont was married to a Louise Smith;
    Philomena Marucheau born St. Lucia.

Because of the name of his son, Clermont, I wonder if Percival the father might be the son of Pierre Francois Sainte Marie Clermont Marucheau. I have done DNA with Ancestry. My user name is "aquart".

Best wishes, Cathy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donaches@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 11 21:19:23 2018
    Sorry for the late response, I just noticed your posting. I was wondering the same thing Clermont wife died in 1852 and he died in 1864. He had 4 daughters and 1 son, but the son died at an early age. Maybe he had another kid. Philomena was born 18
    feb 1864 the same year Clermont died. My great grandma was born in 1880. If not clermont maybe Alfred was their dad. I think that Alfred descendants settled in NY. He died in 1892 and he never left St Lucia. Philomena was a seamstress and three was
    a Marucheau in new your who owned a dress making shop. Also, I think I saw some other Marucheau lived close to Percival’s NY address. I have tried to obtain birth records for Perceval and Philomena but I have not been successful. The books with
    their birth records can’t be found. I have not checked the main office in st Lucia though. Anyway, I will message you on Ancestry. I don’t think we are dna matches on ancestry because I recall seeing a few of your postings, on the board, and I
    checked.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05