• Hackshaws

From kenrickburgess@gmail.com@21:1/5 to BRASSELL on Thu Jun 22 11:13:07 2017
    On Sunday, August 18, 2002 at 3:29:01 AM UTC-4, JOHN BRASSELL wrote:
    Has anyone found good genealogical resources for St Vincent? I am researching the Hackshaw line 1700-1900.
    Thanks,
    John
    Hi My name is Kenrick
    I am researching the Hackshaws in Trinidad and Tobago. My mother's name is Eugenia Hackshaw She died two weeks ago at 103 years she was born in 1913. Her father's name from our research was Clifton Hackshaw whose father was from Scotland.I am writing a
    Book on my Mother and wish to find out more about her father's family who were jewelers in Trinidad.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Weiss@21:1/5 to kenrickburgess@gmail.com on Thu Jun 22 23:15:13 2017
    Copy: kenrickburgess@gmail.com

As regards Trinidad Hackshaws, is this enquiry connected with the family
    of John Milton HACKSHAW (of St Julien VIllage, died 3 Nov 2005)? He was
    part of, and researched, what he termed the "Amphy and Bashana Jackson Fraternity", more or less the community descended from the African
    American refugees of the War of 1812 and today known generally as the Merikens/Merikins, but he was descended from John Harry Hackshaw,
    "migrated from St Vincent for work at Bromage Sugar Factory". That
    information is from JMH's book "Two Among Many: the genealogy of Bashana
    Evins and Amphy Jackson", 1993 edition. In chapter 16 he listed all
    the members of his Hackshaw family, but there is no mention of either a
    Clifton or a Eugenia, so it may be that there are at least two separate Hackshaw family lines in Trinidad. From my conversations with JMH some
    years ago, I have retained the impression that his research was very
    broad and based on a very large number of personal interviews, so that
    it would be surprising if he had actually neglected any other Hackshaws,
    but his notes on any that he thought not connected with the Amphy and
    Bashana Jackson family might have remained unpublished - I gathered at
    one point that his research notes were left in the care of his family.

John Weiss (connected with the /Merikens/ community by marriage to
    Althea McNish)
    /http://www.mcnishandweiss.co.uk/history.html for notes on the American settlers of 1815-1816/

On 22/06/2017 19:13, kenrickburgess@gmail.com wrote:
    Has anyone found good genealogical resources for St Vincent? I am researching the Hackshaw line 1700-1900.
    Thanks,
    John
    Hi My name is Kenrick
    I am researching the Hackshaws in Trinidad and Tobago. My mother's name is Eugenia Hackshaw She died two weeks ago at 103 years she was born in 1913. Her father's name from our research was Clifton Hackshaw whose father was from Scotland.I am writing
    a Book on my Mother and wish to find out more about her father's family who were jewelers in Trinidad.
    The Caribbean List now has a Resources Page at Historic Antigua and Barbuda http://www.rootsweb.com/~atgwgw/
    -------------------------------
    To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to CARIBBEAN-request@rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mrs. Sonia Jacobs Dow@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 23 05:54:04 2017
    Copy: chriscod@comcast.net (Chris Codrington)

Good Morning All:

I do not believe in coincidences! Yesterday, Timothy Aiken told me he has Hayes roots in St. Vincent. I promised to ask the list for resources and tell him how to subscribe.

Tim, I blind copied your business address. Please write to Chris Codrington from a personal address if you prefer. Once you are subscribed, share with the list your grandmother’s full name, birthdate and date of arrival of Ellis Island. That record
    should also give ship name and date of departure from St. Vincent. Some times the address to which she is destined is also in the record.

Chris Codrington, please help Tim to subscribe to the list.
    John Brassell, please share what you find on St. Vincent resources.
    List, please do what you do best: help a fellow researcher.

Many thanks to all,
    Sonia
    Mrs. Sonia Jacobs Dow | Executive Director
    Phone: (340) 772-0598 | Fax: (340) 772-9446
    sjacobsdow@stcroixlandmarks. <applewebdata://256C0E77-AA41-48E4-AA57-63BDE3321746/execdir@stcroixlandmarks.org>org
    St. Croix Landmarks Society, Inc.
    Apothecary Hall Museum * Estate Whim Museum * Research Library & Archives

No 52 Estate Whim - Frederiksted | St. Croix, V.I. 00840

“Our Mission is to advance the understanding and appreciation of the unique historical and cultural legacy of St. Croix through preservation, research and education.”

Please consider supporting the work of the St. Croix Landmarks Society by becoming a volunteer and/or member ($50 for individuals and $90 for family membership). We are committed to preserving places that matter in the Virgin Islands and the stories of
    the people who lived and worked there.
    We are a not-for-profit corporation organized under Title 501 (c) 3 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.

On Jun 22, 2017, at 2:13 PM, kenrickburgess@gmail.com <mailto:kenrickburgess@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks,
    John
    Hi My name is Kenrick
    I am researching the Hackshaws in Trinidad and Tobago. My mother's name is Eugenia Hackshaw She died two weeks ago at 103 years she was born in 1913. Her father's name from our research was Clifton Hackshaw whose father was from Scotland.I am writing
    a Book on my Mother and wish to find out more about her father's family who were jewelers in Trinidad.
    The Caribbean List now has a Resources Page at Historic Antigua and Barbuda http://www.rootsweb.com/~atgwgw/ <http://www.rootsweb.com/~atgwgw/>
    -------------------------------
    To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to CARIBBEAN-request@rootsweb.com <mailto:CARIBBEAN-request@rootsweb.com> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michfaldo86@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 27 14:23:59 2018
    Hello, I am just now finding this thread. I am of Hackshaw descent. My Grandfather was Conrad Hackshaw married to Millicent (Barnett) Hackshaw. From what I've been told, my grandfather's family (estranged) were jewellers in Port of Spain. I never met my
    grandfather, he passed away in the early 70's, but I did my grandmother, she lived to be just shy of 105. She lived in San Jaun, Trinidad in the house my grandfather built on Cor' Don Miguel Rd. I have three half brothers, one deceased. All La Caille
    family name. Our mother is still living and resides in England. She is one of four children from Conrad and Millicent. Only my mother and Aunt, the oldest the four siblings are living today.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tracyhackshaw@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 18 16:14:41 2018
    Hello... I am Tracy Hackshaw (Mr.) a direct descendant of the Hackshaws (Alister Ethel et al & the Tarquinis of Layan Hill, Belmont, Trinidad.

I stumbled upon this thread and am thoroughly intrigued.

I would be keen to find out more about the Hackshaws in the English speaking Caribbean.

Rgds

Tracy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Christine Healy@21:1/5 to michf...@gmail.com on Mon Jul 15 12:02:19 2019
    On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 5:24:00 PM UTC-5, michf...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello, I am just now finding this thread. I am of Hackshaw descent. My Grandfather was Conrad Hackshaw married to Millicent (Barnett) Hackshaw. From what I've been told, my grandfather's family (estranged) were jewellers in Port of Spain. I never met
    my grandfather, he passed away in the early 70's, but I did my grandmother, she lived to be just shy of 105. She lived in San Jaun, Trinidad in the house my grandfather built on Cor' Don Miguel Rd. I have three half brothers, one deceased. All La
    Caille family name. Our mother is still living and resides in England. She is one of four children from Conrad and Millicent. Only my mother and Aunt, the oldest the four siblings are living today.

Hi,
    My Grandfather Henry L T Hackshaw owned a Jewelry store on Frederick st. Port of Spain.
    Regards
    Christine Hackshaw Healy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Christine Healy@21:1/5 to kenrick...@gmail.com on Mon Jul 15 11:50:51 2019
    On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 2:13:08 PM UTC-4, kenrick...@gmail.com wrote:
    Thanks,
    John
    Hi My name is Kenrick

Hi Kenrick,
    My grandfather Henry L T Hackshaw owned a Jewelry Store on Frederick St. Regards,
    Christine Hackshaw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Christine Healy@21:1/5 to michf...@gmail.com on Wed Jul 17 06:08:42 2019
    On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 5:24:00 PM UTC-5, michf...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello, I am just now finding this thread. I am of Hackshaw descent. My Grandfather was Conrad Hackshaw married to Millicent (Barnett) Hackshaw. From what I've been told, my grandfather's family (estranged) were jewellers in Port of Spain. I never met
    my grandfather, he passed away in the early 70's, but I did my grandmother, she lived to be just shy of 105. She lived in San Jaun, Trinidad in the house my grandfather built on Cor' Don Miguel Rd. I have three half brothers, one deceased. All La
    Caille family name. Our mother is still living and resides in England. She is one of four children from Conrad and Millicent. Only my mother and Aunt, the oldest the four siblings are living today.

Hi,
    Just saw your post. My grandfather was Henry L T Hackshaw owner of the Hackshaw's Jewelers on Frederick st.
    Do you know who Conrad's parents were?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sbhackshaw@gmail.com@21:1/5 to BRASSELL on Thu Mar 26 16:25:40 2020
    Thanks,
    John

Greetings John,

It is indeed a pleasure to come across this thread. I too am researching my Hackshaw lineage. My Father was John Milton Hackshaw (Trinidad).
    My Great Great Grand Father was John Harry Hackshaw Sr., born in
    Scotland (uk)
    He migrated to St.Vincent. One of his Sons John Harry Jr migrated to Trinidad. I am about 95% certain that all Hackshaws in Trinidad are related, due to the fact that we all share that one common ancestor who originated in St.Vincent via Scotland. I have
    made some interesting connections in the last couple of years or so. Maybe we can share notes.

Susan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From stacycooper83@gmail.com@21:1/5 to mich...@yahoo.com on Wed Jul 8 18:40:56 2020
    On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 5:24:00 PM UTC-5, mich...@yahoo.com wrote:

Hello, I believe I am related to Millicent Hackshaw as well. I am researching my family tree and would like to know more about her. Would you be open to collaborating?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05