• Moray Rd Junior School, Famona, BULAWAYO - 1964(std 1) to 1968(std

From shellrich@telkomsa.net@21:1/5 to Michael Andrew Carrier on Fri Jan 8 15:34:36 2016
    On Friday, August 1, 1997 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+2, Michael Andrew Carrier wrote:
    Hi There - who out there still remembers the old school motto: "Overcome
    Evil with Good"?? While browsing through some very old stuff my mum had
    kept for years, I came across some old school photos from my years at Moray Road Junior School (later, simply Moray Junior). My wife (& I) was amazed
    to find that I still remembered the names of 95% of my old classmates from the years 1964 - 1968, particularly as a very severe motorcycle accident at the 1980 Trout Rally had left me with a total memory loss of about 8 weeks and a very sporadic short term memory ever since.

Getting back to the point - I have listed below, all the names I remembered plus the few whose surnames still escape me (apologies!!!), and have also included the few 1964 Prefects from the other class whose names I could remember. It would be great to hear from any of you out there, or anyone who knows anyone on the list - we could have a sort of a Cyber-Space Class Reunion! Please forward on!

Michael Allen Prefect 1968
    Paul Broster Olympic swimmer 1972, Gifford Tech Allison Coombes Australian
    John Dickenson Std 3 1966, Then went to Rhodes Estate Prep School &
    Plumtree
    Jill Fraser
    Pat Fraser National hockey player, brothers Derek & Brian went to Gifford

Janet French
    Tommy Furness Prefect 1968
    Katherine Hammond
    Andrew Higgs
    Isobel Hines
    John Kidson Gifford Tech, Flew 'Lynx's' in 4 Sqdn, lived Tweed Rd, Best
    mate
    Michael Moffatt Hamilton High, Lived cnr Matopos Rd & Cecil Ave
    Liam O'Halloran Hamilton High, lived Tweed Rd
    Tony Pickles Gifford Tech
    Susan Quinn Loved horses
    Donald Raaff Gifford Tech, lived no 4, 28th Ave
    Valerie Radue Friends with Roberta
    Alistair Rennie Prefect 1968
    Heather Richmond Ist Head Girl 1968, Evelyn High Russell Siebert Hamilton High, good mate
    Leslie Suckling
    Lynne Thompson Townsend High
    Vivienne van Blerk Lived near Morningside shops
    Dereck Milton High, good mate - can't remember the surname!
    Elaine Lived round the corner on Paisley Cres
    Lynnette Friends with Susan & also loved horses
    Neal Hamilton High, always 1st in class (with Heather)
    Roberta Friends with Valerie
    Sharon Lived near Morningside shops

I was the quiet, insignificant, bespectacled one who lived at no.15,
    28th Ave, Famona and who came out of nowhere to be named the First Head Boy much to everyone's (not least of all, mine) amazement! Briefly, I went on
    to stagger (literally) through a BSc(Eng) at UR from '75 - '78, had a
    brief, but spectacularly unsucessful career as a Sergeant drill, weapons & general service knowledge instructor in the Air Force in '79, a slightly longer, but no more spectacular career with the Zim. Iron & Steel Co.,
    before setting off to seek my fame & fortune in the Outside World in
    general and in Saudi Arabia in particular.

After another equally spectacular series of mis-adventures (including being deported from the USA as a suspected ivory smuggler & general suspicious person and being targeted by the IRA in Regents Park all in the space of 48hrs, I have now finally found home & happiness in Perth, WA. Please contact me via my newly established home page and E-mail address as follows:

MACarrier@bigpond.com (note the pretentious capitals!!)

In eager anticipa-----tion,

Michael Andrew Carrier

ps: This is my first try - hope it works!!

Hi Michael.
    I saw your post and list. I am Tony Pickles younger sister Shelley. It is not good news but Tony passed away 11 years ago from cancer. Tony married and had 3 sons. When you see them you see Tony in them.

I do know that Vivienne Van Blerk is living in Durban as I married her cousin.

My email address is shellrich@telkomsa.net

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)