• Lionel Dyck?

From milesranderson@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 25 11:10:18 2016
    On Friday, January 24, 2003 at 11:16:40 PM UTC-8, St0nesfan wrote:
    Does anyone know the story behind Lionel Dyck? His name has been popping up as
    the mediator between the MDC and ZANU-PF regarding a possible transition government. I know he's an ex-army officer but that's about it. Did he serve in
    the Rhodesian armed forces? Zimbo armed forces? Is he pro-ZANU-PF? And is he not owner of a land mine removal company? Many thanks! Cheers!

He was 5 Brigade commander during Gukhuruhundi , I heard he had been surprised trying on Molly Gibb's underwear at a party at Government House way back in the 60's when he was Sir Humphrey Gibbs' ADC. So a killer and a cross dresser....go figure.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kkcallsign22@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 26 15:01:39 2016
    On Saturday, January 25, 2003 at 7:16:40 AM UTC, St0nesfan wrote:
    the mediator between the MDC and ZANU-PF regarding a possible transition government. I know he's an ex-army officer but that's about it. Did he serve in
    the Rhodesian armed forces? Zimbo armed forces? Is he pro-ZANU-PF? And is he not owner of a land mine removal company? Many thanks! Cheers!

Would you trust Lionel Dyck further than you could kick a bulldozer with your bare feet ?

Ask genuine Rhodesian Intel officers. (Excluding flower farmers.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pachedu@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 28 04:43:36 2020
    On Saturday, January 25, 2003 at 5:16:40 PM UTC+10, St0nesfan wrote:

The story as I know it was that Lionel dyck was an officer with RLI and got drunk and rolled a unimog and killed a troopie. This got him court marshalled and he was forced to leave the army.He then joined internal affairs with I believe Tsetsi control.
    When Zimbabwe Rhodesia formed there was a shortage of officers to handle the increase in the armies size especially with Pfumo reWanhu forming from the guys who came accross with Sithole and Muzorewa. An amnesty was given and oa lot of ex warriors from
    the mercenaries vietnam etc signed up Lionel Dyck rejoined and grew quickly within the RAR. He lead the RAR in the gukuruhundu Matswena. He never was involved with the 5th Brigade which was run by Colonel Shiri. I also dont think he was with Scouts. By
    the way RLI was disbanded as was RR and SAS and the scouts straight after independance. These military units were never involved with the Matabeleland massacres and it is necessary that we try to keep it factual. Take care

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05