• BBC whitewashing Ukraine links to Nazis proved to be true in Nuremberg

From End Of Line@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 4 17:56:12 2023
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66150790

"Zelensky honours Poles killed by Ukrainians in WW2 Volhynia massacre"

Best subtitles below:

"Update 20 July 2023: This article was amended to make clear that many nationalists who were responsible for the massacre in Volhynia and were
    loyal to Bandera, had links to the Nazis but were not trained by them."

If it only was true. From Nuremberg trials

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2021/03/19/in-ukraine-stepan-bandera-s- legacy-becomes-a-political-football-again

"Bandera was trained by the German Abwehr to do counter-espionage in the
    Soviet Union, occupied Poland and Ukraine, which he did until 1941. That
    year, Bandera and his followers signed a declaration of independence for Ukraine and announced an alliance with Germany.

To their disappointment, Nazi Germany refused to recognise Ukraine’s independence and ordered Bandera to withdraw the declaration. When he
    refused, he was arrested and later jailed in the Sachsenhausen
    concentration camp, which held high-profile political prisoners."

From Nuremberg trials:

https://books.google.se/books? id=atthEAAAQBAJ&pg=PT338&lpg=PT338&dq=%22Apart+from+this, +a+special+military+unit+was+trained+for+subversive+activities+on+Soviet+territory,
    +a+special+duty+training+regiment%22&source=bl&ots=Gi2iQRcdMk&sig=ACfU3U2gUYQ0S1c4dqnhlUFr2COFttxEsA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjbuvLx8KqCAxXUVPEDHdfRBfUQ6AF6BAgIEAM#v=onepage&q=%22Apart%20from%20this%2C%20a%20special%20military%20unit%20was%20trained%20for%
    20subversive%20activities%20on%20Soviet%20territory%2C%20a%20special%20duty%20training%20regiment%22&f=false

"It was pointed out in the order that for the purpose of delivering a
    lightning blow against the Soviet Union, 'Abwehr II,' in conducting
    subversive work against Russia, must use its agents for kindling national antagonism among the people of the Soviet Union."

"In carrying out the above-mentioned instructions of Keitel and Jodl, I contacted Ukrainian Nationalists who were in the German Intelligence
    Service and other members of the Nationalist Fascist groups, whom I
    enlisted in to carry out the tasks as set out above. In particular, instructions were given by me personally to the leaders of the Ukrainian Nationalists, the German Agents Myelnik (code name 'Consul I') and Bandara
    to organise, immediately upon Germany's attack on the Soviet Union, and to provoke demonstrations in the Ukraine, in order to disrupt the immediate
    rear of the Soviet Armies, and also to convince international public
    opinion of alleged disintegration of the Soviet rear. We also prepared
    special diversionist groups for subversive activities in the Baltic Soviet Republics."

"Apart from this, a special military unit was trained for subversive
    activities on Soviet territory, a special duty training regiment
    `Brandenburg 800,' under the immediate command of the head of `Abwehr II,' Lahousen. Among the objects of this special unit, created in 1940, was the seizure of operationally important points, such as bridges, tunnels and
    defence installations, and holding them till the arrival of the advance
    units of the German Army"

It's mind boggling how much you can spend effort on censoring history,
    just to make now politcally-correct version just not to damage Ukraine's reputation, fighting with Russia, being accused of being "nest of nazists".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)