• Abercarn Colliery Explosion 1878

From kmyers1624@aol.com@21:1/5 to trees on Sun Nov 6 12:59:10 2016
    On Monday, September 25, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, trees wrote:
    I am researching anything connected with Abercarn Colliery (Prince of Wales) explosion which took place 11th September 1878. a great-great grandfather,William Simons(Symons sp. variables) ,known as Bill thePump,was awarded the Albert Medal. Strangely, this is now with an antiquarian in Ottawa,Canada. I now live in Canada . I am curious how the medal reached here. Any ideas? I am more interested in the events and people connected with the explosion . Thanks for any help. Trees

Hello My G G Grandmother was Elizabeth Simons/Symond whose father was killed in the 9/11/1878 explosion. She married Thomas Downs and moved to Pennsylvania. I am sure we are related and I would love to know more about this explosion. My family
    history did talk about it extensively if you respond back I would love to discuss this with you
    Karen Myers

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From tkhimasi@uwo.ca@21:1/5 to kmyer...@aol.com on Thu Nov 30 16:48:18 2017
    On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 3:59:10 PM UTC-5, kmyer...@aol.com wrote:
    On Monday, September 25, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, trees wrote:
    I am researching anything connected with Abercarn Colliery (Prince of Wales)
    explosion which took place 11th September 1878. a great-great grandfather,William Simons(Symons sp. variables) ,known as Bill thePump,was awarded the Albert Medal. Strangely, this is now with an antiquarian in Ottawa,Canada. I now live in Canada . I am curious how the medal reached here. Any ideas? I am more interested in the events and people connected with the explosion . Thanks for any help. Trees

Hello My G G Grandmother was Elizabeth Simons/Symond whose father was killed in the 9/11/1878 explosion. She married Thomas Downs and moved to Pennsylvania. I am sure we are related and I would love to know more about this explosion. My family
    history did talk about it extensively if you respond back I would love to discuss this with you
    Karen Myers

hi, Karen!
    many websites devoted to it...known as the Prince of Wales colliery. If you are interested email me :
    tkhimasi@uwo.ca

happy foraging!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)