• Galicia is NOT Celtic

From funfisique@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 27 15:42:24 2018
    El viernes, 19 de junio de 1998, 9:00:00 (UTC+2), King Arthur escribió:
    ¿Does Galicia have many Celtic toponims? So do France (Lugdunum > Lyon)

¿Does Galicia have many archaeological Celtic evidences? So do most of Europe
    (Gauls, Celtiberians, Cisalpine Gauls, people from Galacia, etc...). You should go to former Gaul (France) and visit some "oppidas", as well to Castile, the land of the Celtiberians.

Galician language has 7 vowels, the same as Latin: Galician is the closest Iberian language to Latin. Galician has not more Celtic words than
    Castillian (Spanish) and it is the same language than Portuguese: Then Portugal and Brazil are also Celtic countries.

If we believe that Galicia is a Celtic country, then France (Gaul) is.

¿Bregon and Mil Espane's history? Well, the Book of Invasions talks only about a man called Mil Espane, who invaded Ireland.

A Galician nationalist called Murguía invented at the end of the 19th Century a beautiful story about a Galician king called Breogán that was the founder of the Galician nation and saw one day Ireland when he was in the "Torre de Hércules" (a tower which is not a Celtic building, but a Phoenician one)..

I repeat again: There's no such Galician oral tradition about a king called Breogán, it was an invention of a "celtomaniac" called Murguía. I asked old peasants of Galicia and all of them told me they didn't know anything about him.

Why Bregon invaded Ireland from Galicia? Why not from Santander or
    Portugal?

There are not archeological evidences that support a Galician-Ireland migration. On the contrary: The Roman legion "Legio X Hispana" missed in Ireland and scholars think it could be the origin of Milesians' legend. You should know that "Mil Espane" comes from the Latin phrase "miles
    hispaniae", which means "Spanish soldier", that could be the alias of the "Legio X Hispana" praefectus.

"Celtism" in Galicia was originated because of political reasons (support
    for Galician nationalism) and based in anecdotical evidences: Bagpipes
    (that Welsh hate), and plenty of rain (as well as invented stories like Breogán's one).

I hope nobody insults me: I didn't insult anybody, if you want to discuss this post, do it with ARGUMENTS.

regards,

King Arthur.

And then a certain Oxford profesor expert in DNA proved that the MOST ANCIENT Celt DNA in British islands comes from GALICIA, aka Calaecia, aka the Land of the Calaici, where Calaeci are the citizens of Cale, where the Cale is Celt´s motherland. It´s
    most famous king Breogham, fro which is derived the roots Brit- and Bret- as found in many toponyms in Europe.
    Now suck my big celtic galician stick...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)