• What / Where is GLOCCA MORRA?

From joeobrien553@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 21 21:34:19 2017
    Wikipedia is incorrect.
    Glocca Morra is Not a fictional place, it is a small section of land near Fermoy in county Cork with a tiny hamlet consisting of an inn and a few houses.
    It is on the old Cork-Dublin road which has since been bypassed by the motorway.

See map; https://www.strava.com/activities/10476740

I'm now 51 years old but as a child whenever we drove to Dublin my father would always break in to song as we passed Glocca Morra.
    And it did indeed have the very large weeping willow tree that Petula Clark sung of, most tragically the willow tree was cut down about 15 or so years ago and a property was built on the site.

Ken Cashman, Cork.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kevinarndt49@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 15 07:44:24 2018
    "Me" by the way, who wrote the above response is KevinArndt49@gmail.com in case you want to discuss it further.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kevinarndt49@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 15 07:40:58 2018
    Glocca Morra may accidentally be an actual place in real life, but it is intended to be a fictional place in and for the musical Finian’s Rainbow. Even in the play, Glocca Morra is only “sort of” a real place, where Finian and Sharon McLonergan
    hail from back in Ireland. Or is it that they hail tosuch a place?

My take on it is that Glocca Morra is more of an idea, or a longing really. For Sharon it’s like Dorthy clicking her ruby heals and wishing, “There’s no place like home.” For Finian, it’s the elusive pot of gold and all the accompanying notions
    of wealth that he hopes to find at the end of a rainbow. Actually, in his case, he has already has the pot of gold which he ‘borrowed’ from a leprechaun, but he intends to plant it at the rainbow’s end (like Jack’s magic beans) and grow himself a
    magical fortune.

Glocca Morra the desired greener grass on the other side of the fence. It’s the carrot strung on a stick in front of a mule that the mule always pursues but never tastes. It is a driving hunger that is never satisfied. For some it is a place. For
    others it’s a status. For some it is insatiable curiosity. For others it’s fame. Or greater wealth. Or total freedom. For adrenaline junkies it is the search for the ultimate rush. For illicit substance junkies it is shooting for the ultimate high.
    Oddly, the closer you gets to this sort of goal, the further it get’s from you.

In the play, Sharon quotes an old legend (thought up by her father Finian). She tells Woody (her soon to be romantic interest):

“…in Glocca Morra where we come from, there’s an old legend. And it says: You’ll never grow old And you’ll never grow poor,
    If you look to the rainbow Beyond the next moor.”

At the end of the play Sharon is asked, “Where is Glocca Mora?” She answers,
    “Well, you see,
    it’s always somewhere…over there.”

For Finian, Glocca Morra seems always to be beyond the next moor; always ‘over there’; always just out of reach. For Sharon, Glocca Morra seems always to be the nostalgic sense of ‘back there’; a homesick memory of a ghost that can never return
    to this world. Even if she were able to return to that place, the place would have changed, moved on, and not be what it was in her memories. Sadly, she would find, “The willow was cut down.” So even the willow from the past is a will-o’- wisp
    always out of reach; an ignis fatuus leading people to a sad end.

In the musical, “Paint Your Wagon” the song, “I Was Born Under a Wandering Star,” indicates that for For Ben Rumson, Glocca Morra would be the act of leaving and saying “good-bye” and heading out to see what’s around the next bend.

In the movie “Around the Bend” Glocca Morra would be a road trip which becomes a metaphor for, and the means to discover, the desired sense of family.

In the song “If I Stand” Rich Mullins has a line “And if I weep let it be as a man who is longing for his home.” His lyrics indicate that he has already reached his home, at least by faith, if not yet by sight. But his longing for Glocca Morra
    will be over on the day he dies and will see it face to face.

Glocca Morra is actually Finian’s Rainbow. Glocca Morra is like a rainbow who’s end is an optical illusion who’s end can never be reached because if forever recedes as you approach. Seeking Glocca Morra and Finian’s rainbow’s end are like Don
    Quixote in Man of La Mancha standing over his armor and answering Dulcinea’s question about what he means by “following the quest” and singing, “The Impossible Dream (The Quest).”

To dream the impossible dream
    To fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow
    To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
    To love pure and chaste from afar
    To try when your arms are too weary
    To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest to follow that star
    No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right without question or pause
    To be willing to march into Hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
    That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
    That one man, scorned and covered with scars
    Still strove with his last ounce of courage

In the closing scene of Finian’s Rainbow, Finian leaves Rainbow Valley in search for his rainbow.

"I've an elegant legacy Waiting for ye
    'Tis a rhyme for your lip And a song for your heart
    To sing it whenever The world falls apart

Look, look Look to the rainbow
    Follow it over The hill and stream
    Follow the fellow Who follows a dream

'Twas a sumptuous gift To bequeath to a child
    For the lure of that song Keeps me head runnin’ wild
    'Tis a rhyme for me lip And a song for me heart
    And I sing it whenever The world falls apart

So I bundled me heart And I roamed the world free
    To the East with the light To the West with the sea
    And I searched all the earth And I scanned all the skies
    But I found it at last In my own true love's eyes

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kevinarndt49@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 15 07:47:09 2018
    “Me” by the way, who posted the above long response, is kevinarndt49@gmail.com in case anyone would like to discuss it further.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mbareihs@gmail.com@21:1/5 to kevina...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 9 09:54:17 2019
    On Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 9:40:59 AM UTC-5, kevina...@gmail.com wrote:
    Glocca Morra may accidentally be an actual place in real life, but it is intended to be a fictional place in and for the musical Finian’s Rainbow. Even in the play, Glocca Morra is only “sort of” a real place, where Finian and Sharon McLonergan
    hail from back in Ireland. Or is it that they hail tosuch a place?

My take on it is that Glocca Morra is more of an idea, or a longing really. For Sharon it’s like Dorthy clicking her ruby heals and wishing, “There’s no place like home.” For Finian, it’s the elusive pot of gold and all the accompanying
    notions of wealth that he hopes to find at the end of a rainbow. Actually, in his case, he has already has the pot of gold which he ‘borrowed’ from a leprechaun, but he intends to plant it at the rainbow’s end (like Jack’s magic beans) and grow
    himself a magical fortune.

Glocca Morra the desired greener grass on the other side of the fence. It’s the carrot strung on a stick in front of a mule that the mule always pursues but never tastes. It is a driving hunger that is never satisfied. For some it is a place. For
    others it’s a status. For some it is insatiable curiosity. For others it’s fame. Or greater wealth. Or total freedom. For adrenaline junkies it is the search for the ultimate rush. For illicit substance junkies it is shooting for the ultimate high.
    Oddly, the closer you gets to this sort of goal, the further it get’s from you.

In the play, Sharon quotes an old legend (thought up by her father Finian). She tells Woody (her soon to be romantic interest):

“…in Glocca Morra where we come from, there’s an old legend. And it says:
    You’ll never grow old And you’ll never grow poor,
    If you look to the rainbow Beyond the next moor.”

At the end of the play Sharon is asked, “Where is Glocca Mora?” She answers,
    “Well, you see,
    it’s always somewhere…over there.”

For Finian, Glocca Morra seems always to be beyond the next moor; always ‘over there’; always just out of reach. For Sharon, Glocca Morra seems always to be the nostalgic sense of ‘back there’; a homesick memory of a ghost that can never return
    to this world. Even if she were able to return to that place, the place would have changed, moved on, and not be what it was in her memories. Sadly, she would find, “The willow was cut down.” So even the willow from the past is a will-o’- wisp
    always out of reach; an ignis fatuus leading people to a sad end.

In the musical, “Paint Your Wagon” the song, “I Was Born Under a Wandering Star,” indicates that for For Ben Rumson, Glocca Morra would be the act of leaving and saying “good-bye” and heading out to see what’s around the next bend.

In the movie “Around the Bend” Glocca Morra would be a road trip which becomes a metaphor for, and the means to discover, the desired sense of family.

In the song “If I Stand” Rich Mullins has a line “And if I weep let it be as a man who is longing for his home.” His lyrics indicate that he has already reached his home, at least by faith, if not yet by sight. But his longing for Glocca Morra
    will be over on the day he dies and will see it face to face.

Glocca Morra is actually Finian’s Rainbow. Glocca Morra is like a rainbow who’s end is an optical illusion who’s end can never be reached because if forever recedes as you approach. Seeking Glocca Morra and Finian’s rainbow’s end are like
    Don Quixote in Man of La Mancha standing over his armor and answering Dulcinea’s question about what he means by “following the quest” and singing, “The Impossible Dream (The Quest).”

To dream the impossible dream
    To fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow
    To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
    To love pure and chaste from afar
    To try when your arms are too weary

This is my quest to follow that star
    No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right without question or pause
    To be willing to march into Hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
    That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
    That one man, scorned and covered with scars
    Still strove with his last ounce of courage

In the closing scene of Finian’s Rainbow, Finian leaves Rainbow Valley in search for his rainbow.

"I've an elegant legacy Waiting for ye
    'Tis a rhyme for your lip And a song for your heart
    To sing it whenever The world falls apart

'Twas a sumptuous gift To bequeath to a child
    For the lure of that song Keeps me head runnin’ wild
    'Tis a rhyme for me lip And a song for me heart
    And I sing it whenever The world falls apart

So I bundled me heart And I roamed the world free
    To the East with the light To the West with the sea
    And I searched all the earth And I scanned all the skies
    But I found it at last In my own true love's eyes

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mcmohan louis@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 2 12:32:01 2019
    Tabernanthe iboga is a rainforest shrub that grows up to 2 meters. Its roots contains ibogaine, a strong long-lasting psychedelic that has been used traditionally in West African coming of age rituals. Buy Iboga Online extracts are also used in treating
    opiate heroin , cocaine other drug addiction ( Ibogaine is a therapy for chemical dependence that eliminates physical withdrawal signs and interrupts drug craving behavior.). It is both a therapeutic and psychoactive addiction-breaker.-Contact e-mails:
    tigohjo@gmail.com or WhatsApp +17165990065

We do worldwide delivery especially to Australia, Canada & UK. Delivery is safe and secure to your address.

Are you tired of your addiction to drugs, alcohol, cigarettes,-Contact e-mails:tigohjo@gmail.com or WhatsApp +17165990065

We have high quality Buy Iboga Online products (Ibogaine hcl, iboga TA, iboga capsules, and dried iboga root barks).

Buy Iboga Online or Buy Ibogaine hcl has been proven to be the most influential herbal plant to cure addictions. When correctly applied, the results is 100% effective.

We offer Iboga pre-packaged in capsules, which helps with dosage and ease of consumption. Each capsule is 300mg. Buy Ibogaine Pills online

Iboga is traditionally consumed as root bark shavings, which are chewed then swallowed over many hours. Our root bark comes from Cameroon and Central Africa harvested from root bark sustainably, -Contact e-mails:tigohjo@gmail.com or WhatsApp +17165990065

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05