• Anti-Israel Bias on CNN (who would have guessed)?

From cindys@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 10 01:34:52 2016
    It's not a secret that CNN is anti-Israel, but what I read yesterday just took the cake:

A knife-wielding Palestinian stabbed to death an American tourist in Tel Aviv and wounded 9 or 10 other Israelis. In CNN's description of the event, the author consistently put the word "terrorist" and "Palestinian terrorist" in quotations marks, and
    also...wait for it...put the word "murdered" in quotation marks, as in: "An American tourist was "murdered" by a "terrorist." It was unbelievable.

FTR, Israeli police pursued the "terrorist" and shot him dead.

Best regards,
    ---Cindy S.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cindys@21:1/5 to cindys on Thu Mar 10 01:35:52 2016
    On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 8:27:34 PM UTC-5, cindys wrote:
    It's not a secret that CNN is anti-Israel, but what I read yesterday just took the cake:

A knife-wielding Palestinian stabbed to death an American tourist in Tel Aviv and wounded 9 or 10 other Israelis. In CNN's description of the event, the author consistently put the word "terrorist" and "Palestinian terrorist" in quotations marks, and
    also...wait for it...put the word "murdered" in quotation marks, as in: "An American tourist was "murdered" by a "terrorist." It was unbelievable.

Best regards,
    ---Cindy S.
    -----
    I almost forgot to mention...the incident coincided with Joe Biden's visit. Joe Biden was horrified.
    Best regards,
    ---Cindy S.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mm@21:1/5 to cstein1@rochester.rr.com on Thu Mar 10 06:11:21 2016
    On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 01:34:52 +0000 (UTC), cindys
    <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

Best regards,
    ---Cindy S.

They seem to have edited the page to get rid of the quotes, and even
    to get rid of the sentences that would have held them.

But the CNN secret is not complete, since another page has a link to
    the page that still has the quotes.

This is the story http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/08/middleeast/israel-violence/index.html
    Almost all of it is quotes now, and neither terrorist nor murder is
    used in any quote. The strongest word used by the authors of the
    article is attack or attacked, and halavai, that is not in quotes.

This is the page that links to it. http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/03/08/american-tourist-killed-israel-lead-liebermann.cnn
    It's mostly a video that I didn't feel like watching, but the sidebar
    synopsis and link says
    "'Terrorist' kills U.S. tourist, wounds 10 others in Israel -- near
    Biden visit site
    By Oren Liebermann, Greg Botelho and Amir Tal, CNN
    A stabbing attack -- carried out by a "terrorist," according to
    authorities -- along a popular oceanfront boardwalk around Tel Aviv
    left an American tourist dead and 10 other people wounded not far from
    where U.S. Vice President Joe Biden was visiting Tuesday."

I guess they were, deservedly, dumped on by more than just you, but
    they didn't cover their tracks very well.

I'm surprised it didn't say 'The attack left an American "tourist"
    dead and 10 other "people"' wounded not far from where "U.S." Vice
    President "Joe Biden" was visiting Tuesday.'

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From topazgalaxy@21:1/5 to cindys on Thu Mar 10 14:22:12 2016
    On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 8:27:34 PM UTC-5, cindys wrote:

Best regards,
    ---Cindy S.

http://www.aish.com/jw/id/Taylor-Force-American-Hero-Murdered-in-Israel.html?s=fab

well, don't you know that Israelis/Jews are never victims of violence but only Palestinians in that part of the world are victims? (sarcasm)

The press if often not so neutral .... I used to think the press was neutral or at least supposed to be so, but sadly, no , there is alot of political bias in the press today.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05