• [WSJ] China Dominates Solar. Does the U.S. Stand a Chance?

From ltlee1@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 24 11:45:10 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlhfC7Vg_Xo

Some comments from watchers:
    "@jamesz5816
    @jamesz5816
    3 days ago
    Solar used to be expensive. But now in China, the cost producing electricity by solar is cheaper than from coal even including the construction cost.
    @sankalp6872
    @sankalp6872
    3 days ago
    We are still not appreciating the difference in scale. China produces twice the total electricity of the US. Therefore, the 12% energy contribution from Solar in China is an ocean compared to what the US produces from Solar. It is impossible to beat
    China at cost. The US market remains stagnant, while the Chinese are getting hungrier for energy every year. Climate change cannot be the only motivation for such expensive shifts. It has to make commercial sense in the long run.
    @treefarm3288
    @treefarm3288
    2 days ago
    I first installed solar using US made panels in 1991. I retired them a few years ago because I needed the roof space for big new Chinese made ones (I'm in Australia). The old ones still put out over half their nominal rating, although the warranty back
    then was 10 years.
    @joneyu655
    @joneyu655
    2 days ago
    Cold knowledge, 90% of the world's photovoltaic solar panels are produced in China, and China is also the world's largest renewable energy country.😂
    25"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)