• =?UTF-8?Q?Community_of_Faith_Re=3A_=E2=80=98Consumed=E2=80=99_by_hatred

From ltlee1@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 18 04:59:42 2023
    on Nord Stream blasts

On Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 2:31:24 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
    "Hersh in a report last month alleged that US President Joe Biden ordered sabotage of the Nord Stream natural gas pipelines in September last year.

In a recent interview to Chinese state television – CGTN, Hersh offered a theory for what he sees as “complete idiocy” in foreign policy of US official.

Hersh further said he believed that the US is so “consumed” by hatred of Russian President Vladimir Putin that “they stumble into bad decisions”.

Top administration officials “all have high degrees of, plenty of, intelligence,” Hersh said.

He went on to say: “It’s just what they’re so driven by, I think, hatred of all things particularly Putin, and also communism per se. They’re so cold warriors, they’re really out of sorts. It makes them do dumb things.”"

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other/consumed-by-hatred-of-putin-washington-stumbles-into-bad-decisions-seymour-hersh-on-nord-stream-blasts/ar-AA18yUqf

Sen. J.D. Vance's take on Russo-Ukraine conflict: https://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-world-that-we-will-live-and-die-in/

"Last February, before Russia’s invasion, he sparked controversy when, pointing out bipartisan complacency about America’s southern border, he told Steve Bannon, “I think it’s ridiculous that we’re focused on this border in Ukraine. I gotta be
    honest with you, I don’t really care what happens to Ukraine one way or the other.” And at The American Conservative and American Moment’s “Up From Chaos” conference in April, he described how campaign donors acted as if his craziest idea was
    that the U.S. should avoid nuclear war with Russia. “We don’t have that many non-insane people in Washington,” he told attendees. As a senator—though lately he and his staff have been busy studying railroad safety, and making sure the people of
    East Palestine, Ohio, are not forgotten—he has pushed for a full accounting of American funding in Ukraine and has repeatedly called for U.S. officials to support negotiations for peace.

“I have never been one of these guys who says nice things about Putin, despite the implication from the left,” Vance told me in an interview. “I don’t think that the invasion was somehow justified. But I also try to think about this rationally.
    And there are a lot of people that I don’t like, and there are a lot of bad guys, and that doesn’t mean we should try to fight them.” The Russia hawks of both parties are not thinking about this rationally. “A big part of the Russia hawkishness
    from the left is blood lust over 2016. They still blame Vladimir Putin for Donald Trump. And the fact that so many Republicans don’t see that obvious obsession from the left is bizarre to me, because if the left wasn’t so obsessed with Vladimir Putin,
    I don’t think that they would be seeing the Russia-Ukraine conflict the way that they do.”"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)