• Beijing puts elderly pro-democracy Hong Kong prelate on trial. The Pope

From ltlee1@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 20 08:06:43 2022
    seems to defend China. https://www.romereports.com/en/2022/09/16/pope-francis-says-he-is-not-convinced-that-china-should-be-labeled-antidemocratic/

"At the Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions, the Pope spoke of the need to defend religious freedom. That is why he was asked about his thoughts on the situation in China, where a cardinal will be tried for allegedly working with
    foreign forces to organize a fund to help members of Hong Kong's pro-democracy movement.

To qualify China as democratic or antidemocratic, I am non convinced, because it's such a complex country with a complex rhythm. Yes, it is true that there are things that seem undemocratic to us, that is true. Cardinal Zen is going to trial these days,
    I believe, and he says what he feels, and you can see that there are limitations there. But more than qualifying, because it is difficult, and I do wish to qualify, they are impressions, more than qualify I try to support the path of dialogue, then in
    dialogue many things are cleared up.

"Qualifying China as undemocratic, I do not identify with that, because it's such a complex country ... yes, it is true that there are things that seem undemocratic to us, that is true. Cardinal Zen is going to trial these days, I think. And he says what
    he feels, and you can see that there are limitations there. More than qualifying, because it is difficult, and I do wish to qualify, they are impressions, and I try to support the path of dialogue.

Then, in the dialogue you clarify many things and not only about the Church, also about other areas; for example the extent of China, the governors of the provinces who are all diverse. There are different cultures within China, it is a giant, and
    understanding China is an enormous thing. But you do not have to lose patience, it takes a lot, but we have to go with dialogue, I try to refrain from qualifying it... but let us go forward.""

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From stoney@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 20 09:22:03 2022
    On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 11:06:45 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
    seems to defend China. https://www.romereports.com/en/2022/09/16/pope-francis-says-he-is-not-convinced-that-china-should-be-labeled-antidemocratic/

"At the Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions, the Pope spoke of the need to defend religious freedom. That is why he was asked about his thoughts on the situation in China, where a cardinal will be tried for allegedly working with
    foreign forces to organize a fund to help members of Hong Kong's pro-democracy movement.

To qualify China as democratic or antidemocratic, I am non convinced, because it's such a complex country with a complex rhythm. Yes, it is true that there are things that seem undemocratic to us, that is true. Cardinal Zen is going to trial these days,
    I believe, and he says what he feels, and you can see that there are limitations there. But more than qualifying, because it is difficult, and I do wish to qualify, they are impressions, more than qualify I try to support the path of dialogue, then in

"Qualifying China as undemocratic, I do not identify with that, because it's such a complex country ... yes, it is true that there are things that seem undemocratic to us, that is true. Cardinal Zen is going to trial these days, I think. And he says
    what he feels, and you can see that there are limitations there. More than qualifying, because it is difficult, and I do wish to qualify, they are impressions, and I try to support the path of dialogue.

Then, in the dialogue you clarify many things and not only about the Church, also about other areas; for example the extent of China, the governors of the provinces who are all diverse. There are different cultures within China, it is a giant, and
    understanding China is an enormous thing. But you do not have to lose patience, it takes a lot, but we have to go with dialogue, I try to refrain from qualifying it... but let us go forward.""

This Pope understands how diverse China is, and how the diversity of people in provinces, too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ltlee1@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 21 07:06:14 2022
    On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 3:06:45 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:

"Qualifying China as undemocratic, I do not identify with that, because it's such a complex country ... yes, it is true that there are things that seem undemocratic to us, that is true. Cardinal Zen is going to trial these days, I think. And he says
    what he feels, and you can see that there are limitations there. More than qualifying, because it is difficult, and I do wish to qualify, they are impressions, and I try to support the path of dialogue.

"Just two years ago Cardinal Zen, who grew up in Shanghai, flew to Rome in a desperate attempt to get the Holy Father to reconsider his China deal. But a pope who always seems to have time for private audiences with celebrities such as Leonardo DiCaprio
    refused to meet a cardinal with long firsthand experience of Chinese communism. Cardinal Gerhard Muller noted that no senior Vatican official had offered an expression of solidarity or a prayer initiative for Cardinal Zen at last month’s gathering of
    cardinals in Rome.

On a return flight from Kazakhstan Thursday, the pope suggested this is no accident. When a reporter asked about Cardinal Zen, the pope offered not a word of support, noting only that the cardinal “says what he feels” despite knowing there are “
    limitations.” The pope declined to even say China was undemocratic. All that was missing was a cock crowing in the background."

Looks like Cardinal Zen is not welcomed by the Vatican establishment years ago.
    Why? Bird flu in Vatican?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From stoney@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 22 15:19:14 2022
    On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 10:06:16 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 3:06:45 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:

To qualify China as democratic or antidemocratic, I am non convinced, because it's such a complex country with a complex rhythm. Yes, it is true that there are things that seem undemocratic to us, that is true. Cardinal Zen is going to trial these
    days, I believe, and he says what he feels, and you can see that there are limitations there. But more than qualifying, because it is difficult, and I do wish to qualify, they are impressions, more than qualify I try to support the path of dialogue, then
    in dialogue many things are cleared up.

"Just two years ago Cardinal Zen, who grew up in Shanghai, flew to Rome in a desperate attempt to get the Holy Father to reconsider his China deal. But a pope who always seems to have time for private audiences with celebrities such as Leonardo
    DiCaprio refused to meet a cardinal with long firsthand experience of Chinese communism. Cardinal Gerhard Muller noted that no senior Vatican official had offered an expression of solidarity or a prayer initiative for Cardinal Zen at last month’s
    gathering of cardinals in Rome.

On a return flight from Kazakhstan Thursday, the pope suggested this is no accident. When a reporter asked about Cardinal Zen, the pope offered not a word of support, noting only that the cardinal “says what he feels” despite knowing there are “
    limitations.” The pope declined to even say China was undemocratic. All that was missing was a cock crowing in the background."

Looks like Cardinal Zen is not welcomed by the Vatican establishment years ago.
    Why? Bird flu in Vatican?

The West is constantly coaxing the Pope to use their religion to work against China. They bribed the team of people working for the Pope to say bad things to the Pope. The Pope is old and senile, and hence gets psychological treatment from them.

They even write bad reports for the Pope to read and hence the Pope who never know what is going on in the real world outside of the Vatican city will have to rely on staff reports, staff meetings, and quiet meetings with western leaders, too. Perhaps,
    it's time for the Vatican that the Pope should stay out of religious leadership duties and to convert the job to become a Vatican politician instead.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05