• Why is Australia better at high school maths than the US even though th

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 8 11:05:09 2022
    Shayn McCallum
    ·
    Follow
    Lived in Australia (1972–1995)1y
    Why is Australia better at high school maths than the US even though the US is a more developed country?
    I hate to tell you this but the US is no where near as developed as you think and Australia is way more developed than you seem to think.

I was born and raised in Australia so you might see me as biased but I’ve lived as much of my life outside my homeland as in it- and I’ve been all over the world, including the USA many times, often for stays of a month at a time.

Americans love to believe the USA is “number one” but, and I take no pleasure in saying this, it is actually extremely backward and the least developed of the “developed countries” over all. The conditions most average people live in in the USA
    are dystopian and horrifying. I wish I was exaggerating. Nobody in Australia would put up with nonsense like what Americans take for granted for a minute! We are way too used to the good life down there to rough it like the Americans do.

Most of the world sees government as a service that is subordinate to the people. Americans seem terrified of the government and demand that their tax dollars not come back to them in the form of any life-improving services for fear of communism or
    something.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)