• Why does China have such a deep nuclear command bunker at over 2,000 me

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 5 10:27:52 2022
    Li Pengii
    ·
    Follow
    Former Import company owner (2000–2017)9h
    Why does China have such a deep nuclear command bunker at over 2,000 meters? Can it really store 1 million people?
    Why does China have such a deep nuclear command bunker at over 2,000 meters? Can it really store 1 million people?

You’re mixing two things here.

Command bunker? Who knows? What China DOES have is this 地下长城. It’s a MASSIVE network of tunnels used to transport and move TEL - Transporter Erector Launchers like this.

Or this:

It was mentioned in the Peoples’ daily in 2009. So yes there is a MASSIVE underground tunnel network that the above TELs can move through undetected by spy satellites.

Can it really store 1 million people?

Yes and no. A command bunker no. What you’re mistaking is Mao era Soviet Sino split and subsequent collapse in relations. China got the A-bomb in 1964 and got the H-bomb in 1967. The USSR got the bomb in 1949.

China and the USSR came >< close to nuclear war with bombers on the runway armed with nuclear bombs.

Mao told people to dig massive bunker complexes under their cities to protect from nuclear bombs. USSR style Megaton type nuclear bombs. These massive bunkers still exist Beijing has a massive underground city built under it. I went there in the 00s.
    They’ve been closed for 15 years now. They could be ruins like the Paris Catacombs or they could be a massive complex able to house a million people.

I actually remember Neil in high school (in the UK) a weird Maoist Irishman. He pretty much said yeah 50% of the population can go into underground bunkers in case of a nuclear strike.

Me? Nuclear war starts? Lacking factor 5000000 sun screen and knowledge of where the bunkers are oh and I live next to a nuclear power plant would die in any nuclear strike.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)