• Why do students from Mainland China still come to Hong Kong to study de

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 4 10:18:45 2022
    Li Pengii
    ·
    Follow
    Lives in Hong Kong (2017–present)Jan 26
    Why do students from Mainland China still come to Hong Kong to study despite recent events?
    You’re asking this question likely because you’re not here in Hong Kong. If you get the MTR home at around 10pm at night you can get whole trains of Mandarin speakers who are (I haven’t asked them) presumably from Mainland China.

They coming for the following reasons:

The riots are OVER. The leaders are in prison. The violent rioters slowly but surely are being processed through the courts and they’re getting sentenced to prison time the sentences are a bit too light if you ask me. There are some rioters who escaped
    via the BNO scheme or absconded elsewhere.

Next up is that a whole load of people in PRC China don’t hold a grudge and rather quickly let things go. People REMEMBER Nanjing and do not want it to happen again but most of them are meh about it. A Japanese youtuber went to Nanjing and asked people
    about it. Same shit with the cultural revolution, Tienanmen. After getting attacked by thugs in Hong Kong and crossing the border to hide out one of the things that brought a tear to my eye was that the people around me. Li don’t worry we’ll rebuild
    it and make it better.

Third is that it’s more prestigious. Woman in Guangzhou wants to do a masters degree. She was planning to come over here and do it. You see from Guangzhou she could take the high speed rail to HK station. Get the MTR to PolyU. One of my friends Zhang
    did exactly the same thing. She lives in Shenzhen and pre riot she’d take the high speed rail to HK station in Kowloon then train over to HKU study then get the high speed train back. It was that integrated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From boro@21:1/5 to Rusty Wyse on Sat Feb 26 03:34:44 2022
    On 5/2/2022 2:18 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:

Li Pengii
    ·
    Follow
    Lives in Hong Kong (2017–present)Jan 26
    Why do students from Mainland China still come to Hong Kong to study despite recent events?
    You’re asking this question likely because you’re not here in Hong Kong. If you get the MTR home at around 10pm at night you can get whole trains of Mandarin speakers who are (I haven’t asked them) presumably from Mainland China.

They coming for the following reasons:

The riots are OVER. The leaders are in prison. The violent rioters slowly but surely are being processed through the courts and they’re getting sentenced to prison time the sentences are a bit too light if you ask me. There are some rioters who
    escaped via the BNO scheme or absconded elsewhere.

Next up is that a whole load of people in PRC China don’t hold a grudge and rather quickly let things go. People REMEMBER Nanjing and do not want it to happen again but most of them are meh about it. A Japanese youtuber went to Nanjing and asked
    people about it. Same shit with the cultural revolution, Tienanmen. After getting attacked by thugs in Hong Kong and crossing the border to hide out one of the things that brought a tear to my eye was that the people around me. Li don’t worry we’ll
    rebuild it and make it better.

Third is that it’s more prestigious. Woman in Guangzhou wants to do a masters degree. She was planning to come over here and do it. You see from Guangzhou she could take the high speed rail to HK station. Get the MTR to PolyU. One of my friends Zhang
    did exactly the same thing. She lives in Shenzhen and pre riot she’d take the high speed rail to HK station in Kowloon then train over to HKU study then get the high speed train back. It was that integrated.

Hong Kong is part of China, and hence, anyone from China can also study there.There is no distinction between China and Hong Kong education
    system. The difference is the experience of variety of exposures to
    different people with different learning experiences.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)