• Why are west countries so worried about China's zero policy in controll

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 31 10:10:40 2022
    Joseph Wang
    ·
    Follow
    Studied at Ph.D Astronomy UT Austin, Physics MIT9h
    Why are west countries so worried about China's zero policy in controlling coronavirus?
    Because it might work. Suppose China is wildly successful at controlling COVID whereas western countries are not. This means there is something wrong with the supposed superiority of liberal democracy.

Also using COVID to undermine the Chinese system has seriously, seriously backfired.

The funny thing is that China went through this before. Mao was absolutely insistent that central planning was the right thing to do that he managed to wreck the Chinese economy for about a decade, until Deng came along and decided to do “whatever
    works.”

“Seek truth from facts” turns out to really hard when the facts dont go the way you think they should. When I was young I wondered why it was so difficult for Deng to start market reforms when it was obvious that they were working, and now I kind of
    know…..

Also the thing about zero covid is that people arent being too ideological about it. There has been a lot of discussion on when and how to relax the control measures, but even if they decided to do it today, it will take several months to transition out
    of zero covid.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)