• Will America remain superpower forever?

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 28 11:32:28 2022
    Nathan James
    Lives in Toronto, ONUpdated 9mo
    Will America remain superpower forever?
    No country can remain on top forever. The UK didn’t. France didn’t. Spain didn’t. Portugal didn’t. Turkey didn’t. Rome didn’t.

America has already been in decline for decades. The country is deeply riven. The country faces numerous serious domestic issues. The country is deeply in debt.

The country has lost its competitive edge which is why it must resort to chicken-shit, Tonya Harding-style tactics to bring down its competitors (such as China).

Will America eventually collapse? Who knows.

Will America lose its #1 position in the world? Without a doubt. And very likely within the next few decades.

167.8K viewsView 504 upvotesView 5 shares
    Profile photo for Rusty Wyse

Profile photo for Brandon Furuta
    Brandon Furuta
    · December 28
    It sure seems to be failing. When? How? Nobody can be exactly sure. Rome lasted over 1,000 years surviving invasions, civil war, famine, and plague. When Rome faced civil war after Caesar’s death in 44BC, I bet the average roman didn’t believe that
    their empire was destined still for even more greatness. Therefore, when the Crisis of the Third Century rolled around, I bet the average Roman didn’t believe it would be the beginning of the end. All empires die.

Profile photo for Nathan James
    Profile photo for Audie Chason
    Audie Chason
    · April 12, 2021
    In terms of cities, highways, trains, infrastructure, and manufacturing capacity, China already usurps the US. My crystal ball shows 4 superpowers on more or less equal economic footing in the next 10–30 yrs; The US, the EU, China, and India. It’s
    going to be a tough adjustment for America, but happen it will.

Profile photo for Mayuresh Fulambrikar
    Mayuresh Fulambrikar
    · April 12, 2021
    India, no way.

There is 0 RnD.

No country can become a superpower relying on imported weapons snd a budget of 65 Billion dollars.

Money matters. India cannot afford a blue water navy. And those Indians who say Indian is already a superpower - please come to the reality; India is a nuclear power, not a superpower.

Audie Chason
    · April 13, 2021
    It certainly does but I theorized a time frame of 10–30 years. A lot can happen in 30 years. It’s hard for me to imagine a nation with 1.3B+ people, generally well educated, will not rise to become a super economic power. Only time will tell.

Profile photo for Samuel Lee
    Samuel Lee
    · April 13, 2021
    india got100s of millions of unproductive trash population resources suckers to make the number though…with their uncontrol population growth, it will overtake China having the world largest population soon.

Profile photo for Xerix (Mr. Gao)
    Xerix (Mr. Gao)
    · May 4, 2021
    Not that true, though: Even China had 1 child policy, many in China still have 2nd child. In India though, I see most of the families are NOT willing to have kids, not even 1! This will lead to a rapid aging crisis and quick fall in population. And then?
    Lets wait and see….

Mayuresh Fulambrikar
    · April 13, 2021
    That doesn't make it a superpower

Profile photo for José Urizábel
    José Urizábel
    · April 15, 2021
    I don’t really think so. Chinese cities are well developed but anyone from China can tell you that outside of the cities, it is still pretty bad. China’s HDI is still below Mexico and Brazil. But yes they do seem to be advancing very quickly.

Mayuresh Fulambrikar
    · April 16, 2021
    China has a solid foundation. The world is dependent on them. Being militarily power means nothing today. We know that in 1800, UK was the superpower, in mid 1900, US took that position.

Even Today, US will NOT be able to destroy UK without facing significant damage to itself - Mutually Assured Destruction. So how does it matter if US stays at no 1 position militarily or not.

Economically it matters a lot.

Profile photo for Craig
    Craig
    · October 25
    China almost entirely depends on weak govt control of industry and massive fraud and copyright violation as well as slave shops child labor and yes even some slavery but sure china is huge and has an enormous poorly maintained population with many “
    areas' with no power or running water. Culturally China is fantastic but they mainly are a world power based on huge population and corruption.

Profile photo for Craig
    Craig
    · October 25
    If the u.s wanted to destroy China we could simply ban all transport of food to China their country overwhelmingly depends on foreign food if the u.s bought up all food supplies like Brazil and stopped supplying them with about 20% of their food their
    population would starve

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)