• Why is there all this anti-Americanism in China, and does the governmen

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 28 11:40:37 2022
    China's Future ·
    Follow
    Answered by
    Paul Denlinger

Tue
    Why is there all this anti-Americanism in China, and does the government have anything to do with it?
    Have you been following US foreign policy to China over the past five years?

Do you know the posture which the US government has been taking to China? That it has been sending US Navy ships on patrol off the coast of China even though the US is thousands of miles away, and China has not done anything to affect maritime traffic in
    the region? In fact, almost all those ships are heading to Chinese ports to transport goods, so why would the Chinese want to disrupt maritime traffic?

Do you know how the US Commerce Department has sanctioned Huawei, a leading Chinese network equipment provider, even though they had no evidence to support their claims?

Yes, the government has something to do with the anti-Americanism in China. Most of the time, it is the US government.

2.8K viewsView 119 upvotes
    Profile photo for Rusty Wyse

Profile photo for Dick Smalley
    Dick Smalley
    · Wed
    I'll add in another one: the US blocked the license of Matlab to a couple Chinese universities citing security concerns, and a bunch of Chinese students suddenly don't have the tools to finish their projects anymore. That's several thousand Chinese
    students and all their friends and relatives that just got a tangible taste of the fundamental threat that America poses to their way of life.

Profile photo for Marc Hunt
    Marc Hunt
    · Tue
    I think one of trumps ill thought ploys was to provoke the situation until the US could justify a default on debts.

Profile photo for Paul Denlinger
    Paul Denlinger

· Tue
    The US can’t default on US debt because if it did, it would completely destroy the US dollar as the world’s global reserve currency.

The power of the US is built on the rest of the world conducting business in US dollars, then storing their currency reserves in US dollars.

The US government and US military serve as the enforcer for the US dollar.

Profile photo for Marc Hunt
    Profile photo for Sam (舢艒) Felton
    Sam (舢艒) Felton

· Tue
    Oh, I am sure that a sane government knows this.

But we’re talking about the Orange Oaf. I’d put nothing past him, when it comes to defrauding people.

Paul Denlinger

· Tue
    You are absolutely right. It is hard to predict the actions of a crazy person if you are not crazy yourself. And even then, it is hard.

In Trump’s mind, he would think that move is the same as stiffing a subcontractor, which he did in Atlantic City.

I am disappointed that Catherine Tai, the China trade representative, has not rolled back the import tariffs, which have helped to fuel US inflation. Because of the pandemic, China’s GDP went up from 65% of the US GDP in 2020, to 80% in 2021.

That is a HUGE jump!

Sam (舢艒) Felton

· Tue
    I have already written my congressional reps, my senators and the White House about this very problem. I see it as a legacy of Der Drumpfenführer that is impeding US commerce and needs to be immediately dropped.

My letters were co-signed by several local business owners who agree with me and some of whom were large democratic campaign donors. Hopefully we’ll get some traction, I’ve already gotten a good response from one of my Senators.

And, not one mention of Xinjiang, which was… revealing. 🤨

Paul Denlinger

· Tue
    I am kind of disappointed in Catherine Tai; I thought that she would show more independence in handling trade discussions with her Chinese counterparty led by Liu He, the vice premier.

Sam (舢艒) Felton

· Tue
    Oh, God. I had hopes that she had a backbone but as far as I can tell, she’s just another invertebrate.

Sam (舢艒) Felton

· Tue
    Yeah, that thought occurred to me, too. Hmm.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)