• Are Chinese characters dead and obsolete in the 21st century?

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 26 10:54:04 2022
    Dante Wong
    ·
    Follow
    Knows Mandarin ChineseJan 16
    Are Chinese characters dead and obsolete in the 21st century?
    Given that at least 67% of the world’s top 6 countries - ranked by IQ - use “Chinese characters” - and that percentage would be higher if you include the fact that many Singaporeans can read Chinese (and obviously speak Mandarin, Hokkien, etc.), I
    would have to say that the answer to your question is no.

And given that one of those in the Top 6 alone constitute around 20% of the world’s population and is the country with the highest GDP (PPP) in the world, I would say, yeah, no.

Sorry, but unfortunately, no :D

“Chinese characters” are very much alive and kicking, sorry to inform you :D

Also, your question doesn’t appear to take into consideration that many of us have the ability to read BOTH “Chinese characters” and English, which uses the Latin alphabet.

You know - not everyone is as … ah, restricted…. as your good self when it comes to language ability.

I mean, I’m sorry that you don’t have the skills, intelligence, determination needed to read Chinese - but that doesn’t stop the rest of us from communicating in “Chinese characters”.

Also, the great thing about “Chinese characters” is that I can deliver effusive praise toward your question, and this praise takes up very little space :)

For example:

屌你老母臭閪

I’m praising you for your question, but if I were to write that in English, it would take up far more space :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)