• Why do the Chinese in China pay no attention to the US-China trade war

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 26 09:58:12 2022
    Sam Karthik
    Has Chinese girlfriendUpdated 1y
    Why do the Chinese in China pay no attention to the US-China trade war compared to the American?
    I have been living in Suzhou (Jiangsu province) since 2017. Since my very first day in China, I have a big screen TV in my bedroom. There are over 40 channels in my television, including the BBC World News, CNN, and so many channels operated by CCTV. In
    case you didn't know, CCTV stands for China Central Television, the public television network in the mainland China.

I watch these channels everyday and I can confirm that the important news of international significance are widely covered (in China) by the local media. In particular, the CCTV coveres China's bilateral relationship related news very much in detail. I
    have often seen CCTV discussing China-US bilateral relationship, including those about the trade issues.

Not to mention, CCTV is very popular in China and most of the Chinese people have access to it. Also, BBC and CNN keeps talking about US politics (I don't know why, but CNN is way too much behind Trump administration, and obviously, CNN would discuss the
    US-China bilateral ties).

Overall, I am of the mind that Chinese people are very much aware about the US-China trade issues.

Of course, the life here in China is quite busy for a common man. Moreover, the locals believe in the philosophy of “hard working” and “family values". A common person has to spend a lot of time taking care of his job, career, family and relevant
    affairs. Related: Learn Chinese Culture

That is to say, Chinese people may not have enough free time to discuss international issues with you. However, they are certainly aware of it. They know what's up!

Related information:

Learn Chinese History
    Learn Chinese History

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)