• =?UTF-8?Q?What_would_have_to_happen_for_China_to_become_a_=E2=80=99b?=

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 25 11:10:38 2022
    Godfree Roberts
    ·
    Follow
    Ed.D. in Education & Geopolitics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst (Graduated 1973)2y
    What would have to happen for China to become a ’better’ world oriented nation?
    During his visit to Mexico on June 5, 2013, a reporter asked Xi Jinping what would have to happen for China to become a better world oriented nation?

Xi replied, "There are some well-fed foreigners who have nothing better to do than point fingers at our affairs. China does not, first, export revolution; second, export poverty and hunger; third, cause troubles for you. What else is there to say?"

What else is there to say?

147.8K viewsView 5,375 upvotesView 37 sharesAnswer requested by
    Alvin Funk
    Profile photo for Rusty Wyse

Profile photo for SteveZhang
    SteveZhang
    · August 19, 2019
    When I heard him say these words, I was still in a tender age.

“well-fed westerners who have nothing better to do…” in Chinese is 吃饱了撑的没事儿干对我们说三道四……

It sounds, from my perspective at that moment, a bit coarse and unflattering to him as a national leader. So I was highly suspicious of his educational level.

But having experienced so much in the past decade and seen so many simpletons, it’s occurred to me that he’s absolutely right.

I have to admit I was too young too simple back then and not able to get his point.

Profile photo for Zhongjing Liu (劉仲敬)
    Zhongjing Liu (劉仲敬)
    · August 27, 2019
    He is absolutely right that he is a simpleton as what you have in mind.

If only Xi Jinping had kept to his words in 2013!

Geir Yeh Fotland
    Now he causes troubles all over the world with his security law..
    Profile photo for Stephen Thompson
    Stephen Thompson
    · November 27
    You were absolutely right. He speaks and acts coarsely.

Profile photo for Kingsley Tsang
    Kingsley Tsang
    · October 22, 2019
    That’s the price you pay for moving up in the world. Better that than being called the sick man of asia.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)