• Western nations are largely to blame for the rise of China as a new eco

From Rusty Wyse@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 23 11:03:03 2022
    Bill Chen
    https://www.quora.com/
    Follow
    Budding economistUpdated 7h
    Western nations are largely to blame for the rise of China as a new economic superpower because they don't have to have trade or diplomatic relations with China at all. Do you agree or disagree?
    Some sobriety is necessary.

Africa is 3x the size of China.

South America is 2x the size of China.

North Africa is right next door to Europe, while the Americas is America's backyard.

Yet after centuries of coexistence, we have wealthy neighbors living next to comparatively poor ones, many in fact dirt poor. Even Mexico which shares a long border with America is notorious for the wrong type of violent fortune.

In other words, non-white neighbors are consistently poor on two continents, next door to rich white ones.

Are these polarizing contrasts the fault of the west? These are societies joined at the hip by geography, but also torn apart by history, culture and geopolitics.

But china's success, despite being far away from any western nation, is also the “fault” of the west? Does the west only trade with China? Is trade and diplomacy with the west a guarantee of “success”?

The better question to ask in the 21st century is why is China the biggest trading partner for most of Latin america instead of America, even those facing the Atlantic?

Trade and diplomacy is western charity that built China?

Study western neighbors first.

Note: Europe has been inundated with the 5 million refugees created in the 21st century by the war on (OF) terror.

3.5K viewsView 188 upvotesView 25 shares
    Profile photo for Rusty Wyse

Profile photo for Patrick Koh
    Patrick Koh
    · Fri
    A darn good one about their neighbors. Tiresome to hear some repetitive trumpeting that the west is the god-send benefactor of modern societies, global economics and ‘universal’ human rights.

And here, even ‘blamed’ or responsible for the ‘unfortunate’ rise of China. Ludicrous.

Didn't they enslave and exploit so many out of ‘charity’ and ‘magnanimity’ for as long as they could? Perhaps the ‘best’ China for some could be a messy democracy, disunited, weak, poor and obedient, and a big fat open market for their greed
    and manipulation. But China just wont stick to their script.

Profile photo for Bill Chen
    Profile photo for Clarence Chung
    Clarence Chung
    · Fri
    You hit the west so hard in the head they might sue you lol

Profile photo for Andy Young
    Andy Young
    · Sat
    It’s fascinating that a former communist country knew exactly how to ride the global capitalist system better than the capitalists. They made it work for them without being totally hijacked by neo-liberalism like we are now. Nobody can take ownership
    for the development of China other than the Chinese themselves, and while I have my own criticisms about modernity in general, I have to applaud China for creating a stable society where people are able to live relatively comfortably - for one of the
    most populous countries in the world, this is no mean feat.

Patrick Koh
    · 23m ago
    I only asked they feed a billion well decades ago. They have surpassed all my expectations, now with a humongous GDP, 687 cities, HSR, wechat, EVs, and a hundred things good. Now China is an awakened giant, still rising in so many fronts and areas. Then
    we saw they land on the Moon and Mars on their first attempt. They have challenges too, but I think they can manage to ride them better than any nation.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)